PDA

View Full Version : Optimum K 'Singular Matrix' error

Chris Lane
10-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Hey everyone!

I am learning to use Optimum K at the moment, and I am getting a significant error when I run simulations.

I have designed my front and rear suspensions, and all the design values are filled in. When I press 'Run' to simulate the system, the analysis log spams the screen with "Rear: The Matrix is Singular. Check the input values" and my roll axis animation goes spastic.

I have triple checked all the values in the Rear design section, and I still can't fix this problem.

The help file doesn't say anything about this error either.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Lane
10-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Hey everyone!

I am learning to use Optimum K at the moment, and I am getting a significant error when I run simulations.

I have designed my front and rear suspensions, and all the design values are filled in. When I press 'Run' to simulate the system, the analysis log spams the screen with "Rear: The Matrix is Singular. Check the input values" and my roll axis animation goes spastic.

I have triple checked all the values in the Rear design section, and I still can't fix this problem.

The help file doesn't say anything about this error either.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Lane
10-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Don't worry, I fixed the problem. It was really dumb. My rocker axis reference points were equal to my pivot point.