PDA

View Full Version : Clutchless & electric gearshift systems

graham
11-29-2010, 01:27 AM
We can help you select the right products for your car and budget. We offer Electric geashift systems and full or part throttle clutchless upshift and clutchless downshift products and more… we are pleased to recieve and answer your questions, providing you the engineering support and information to help you build a winning car.

Flatshifter serious about winning serious about racing
www.flatshifter.com (http://www.flatshifter.com)

graham
11-29-2010, 01:27 AM
We can help you select the right products for your car and budget. We offer Electric geashift systems and full or part throttle clutchless upshift and clutchless downshift products and more… we are pleased to recieve and answer your questions, providing you the engineering support and information to help you build a winning car.

Flatshifter serious about winning serious about racing
www.flatshifter.com (http://www.flatshifter.com)

Sormaz
11-29-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm pretty sure your clutchless downshift solution would be classified as a drive-by-wire operation, which is not allowed in fsae rules.

Anyways, I'm going to ask what everyone else is thinking...Do you have any sponsorship opportunities?

Mbirt
11-29-2010, 10:23 AM
"B8.5.2 Throttle Actuation:
The throttle must be actuated mechanically, i.e. via a cable or a rod system. The use of electronic throttle control (ETC) or “drive-by-wire” is prohibited."

The "Downshift Actuator" component makes the system in violation of our rules. Flatshifter's other components may be of use to FSAE teams, however.

Mehul Botadra
11-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Haha! Its mentioned on their website on the how it works page!

"By operating the gear lever in the downshifting direction, the patented throttle blip system allows a smooth downshift to be made at all speeds without the need for a slipper clutch. The downshift actuator spindle replaces the original engine idle adjuster screw, and provides a precise throttle-blip of the correct level to ensure a smooth downshift. The system has a built-in inhibitor which helps prevent rear wheel locking or engine damage caused by shifting down at too high engine speed."

Throttle blipper! Worst part for a driver to learn!