PDA

View Full Version : indian teams

ftorque
10-15-2011, 09:54 PM
hey petrol heads in india. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
n e team going for n e formula student event 2012.
will be glad to ask doubts an help out.

ftorque
10-15-2011, 09:54 PM
hey petrol heads in india. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
n e team going for n e formula student event 2012.
will be glad to ask doubts an help out.

PatClarke
10-16-2011, 01:26 AM
Ftorque,

There are three serious conventions here!

1. Speak English!!!!!!
2. Don't ask stupid questions or ask for handouts
3. Don't start duplicate posts!

For heavens sake do some research on what has been posted here before. Look at this link..
http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/t...607348/m/48310896441 (http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/48310896441)

Pat

Edit,

Added after due consideration. Might I suggest your previous dumb posts certainly don't qualify you to "will be glad to ask doubts an help out" anybody!

In your favour, yes, Geoff Pearson (Big Bird) does rock. Might I suggest you find and read all his posts, cause he has been here a long time and has posted many gems! Then you might be able to offer help!

ftorque
10-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Pat,
I am new to this forum so i agree with your dumb questions reply.
Anything else i need to know. Will be glad read.

buggaero
10-16-2011, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ftorque:
Pat,
Anything else i need to know. Will be glad read. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't bear some indian talking like that to pat.
You better think before you speak...or don't speak at all.... nobody wants your gyan here.
try other cheap forums for a loser like you.

ftorque
10-16-2011, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't bear some indian talking like that to pat.
You better think before you speak...or don't speak at all.... nobody wants your gyan here.
try other cheap forums for a loser like you.[/QUOTE]
Dude what was so bad about my post.
I have just asked for some links on this forum which i must read before posting, of which he has already given one.
I will be glad to read any of it. But just mind your lines too.....

OspreysGoSWOOP
10-16-2011, 03:30 PM
http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/t...607348/m/72110779141 (http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/72110779141)

Big Bird
10-16-2011, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ftorque:
Pat,
Anything else i need to know. Will be glad read. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before this offends Pat, starts a civil war, or even worse an international one...
I think Ashish is saying he himself was asking dumb questions, and Pat replied.
I do NOT think it meant that the question reply Pat offered was dumb.
Is that true Ashish?
Aah, the English language can be fun...

Cheers

PatClarke
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Aaah Geoff,
You know it takes a lot to offend Pat ;-)

But I am sad today as we have lost Danny Wheldon =(

Pat

windsoreng
10-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Agreed, it's a sad day for motorsports with the loss of Dan Wheldon. It also reminds us all of the importance of every last role on a Formula SAE team (or any race team) to the overall safety of the driver, no matter how minor the role may seem.

ftorque
10-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Thanks Geoff.
Some space in between lines and a few more words added could not have led to this situation. I have no Intention of offending anybody on this forum.
Actually the car building scene is taking its toll on me physically and mentally. I hardly get to sleep 2-3hrs. But i am loving every moment of it and that's what matters......
I want some more suggestion from you Geoff and PatClarke. Kindly help me out.

buggaero
10-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks Geoff.
Some space in between lines and a few more words added could not have led to this situation. I have no Intention of offending anybody on this forum.
Actually the car building scene is taking its toll on me physically and mentally. I hardly get to sleep 2-3hrs. But i am loving every moment of it and that's what matters......
I want some more suggestion from you Geoff and PatClarke. Kindly help me out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's a lot by pat you'd find here as well on fstotal.com

RollingCamel
10-17-2011, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PatClarke:
Aaah Geoff,
You know it takes a lot to offend Pat ;-)

But I am sad today as we have lost Danny Wheldon =(

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A rusty car sure will do http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PS. About Danny Wheldon did they announce what exactly got him fatal injury? Aside from having one hell of a crash, flying and then burning.

Kirk Feldkamp
10-17-2011, 05:31 PM
I wasn't sure how to start this topic because I'm sure it's offensive on some level...

but as a short english lesson, it's generally incorrect to say that you have a "doubt" and then ask a "question." If you doubt something, you're basically saying that you don't believe something and that you have another idea of how it could work. If you're asking a question, then you're asking for more information on a subject. I realize they are probably connected in a thesaurus, but in use in the English language they're used differently. You ask a question, you don't ask a doubt. I've seen this used improperly on this forum many times now, and *much* more within the last couple months (and only by posters from that area of the world). While most native English speakers will probably understand what you mean, it's confusing and makes you stick out negatively like someone using text/BBM speak (like in the first post of this thread). Please don't be offended... I'm just trying to help!

-Kirk

vikram.
10-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Atleast ignore these chat slang like(ne for any). i see you are quiet curious about making car and learning, so you should atleast be clear in your views, have patience,learn, its a achievement in itself.i am sure if you will go through the forum, and work hard on your own you will be eligible to design and simulate the car. fabrication depends on your experience.

PatClarke
10-19-2011, 04:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">About Danny Wheldon did they announce what exactly got him fatal injury </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RC, it doesn't matter, the result is still the same. The official announcement was Danny suffered 'unsurvivable injuries'. That is code for catastrophic damage and I for one do not need to know the details.
One thing that is clear, there was a failure of the roll hoop, one of many instances in IRL cars.

Pat