PDA

View Full Version : Honda cbf600 hornet cams > honda cbr600rr

Dunkster
02-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I read that the new honda hornet is a detuned version of the rr with more mid range pull. I looked at honda parts site and the camshaft castings look almost identical, the cbf has protrusions for a cam pos trigger wheel but no holes drilled as the hornet has no cam pos sensor while the RR does. Anyone have any idea wether they would be a straight fit between the two??

Also I am desperatly looking for a set of hornet cams and have had no luck? Anyone here have a spare set lying around you can bung my way?

Hope your cars are well

Dunkster
02-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I read that the new honda hornet is a detuned version of the rr with more mid range pull. I looked at honda parts site and the camshaft castings look almost identical, the cbf has protrusions for a cam pos trigger wheel but no holes drilled as the hornet has no cam pos sensor while the RR does. Anyone have any idea wether they would be a straight fit between the two??

Also I am desperatly looking for a set of hornet cams and have had no luck? Anyone here have a spare set lying around you can bung my way?

Hope your cars are well