PDA

View Full Version : Honeywell Turbo Sponsorship Update

310Turbo
11-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Folks, I have been receiving requests from teams wanting sponsorship for the 05-06 season. We have already filled our allocated sponsorship for this competition year. Please submit your request for sponsorship as early as possible to ensure that your team gets sponsored for the 06-07 competition year.

That being said, I am making a special exception for teams competing in this year's Formula West competition. Since this will be held in our own back yard, the more turbo cars the better! If you still want turbo sponsorship and feel your team can pull it off, we will place your team on our list for 06-07 sponsorship but send your hardware out immediately so that you can begin development and testing.

I would love to see every team competing go turbo. However, it is not as simple as slapping a turbo onto your engine and tuning. I would not recommend your team attempt forced induction unless you already have a strong n/a powertrain and you have people well versed in engine tuning. I would hate to see a team fail their engine at competition due to insufficient development time.

Best of luck to everyone!

Cam

310Turbo
11-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Folks, I have been receiving requests from teams wanting sponsorship for the 05-06 season. We have already filled our allocated sponsorship for this competition year. Please submit your request for sponsorship as early as possible to ensure that your team gets sponsored for the 06-07 competition year.

That being said, I am making a special exception for teams competing in this year's Formula West competition. Since this will be held in our own back yard, the more turbo cars the better! If you still want turbo sponsorship and feel your team can pull it off, we will place your team on our list for 06-07 sponsorship but send your hardware out immediately so that you can begin development and testing.

I would love to see every team competing go turbo. However, it is not as simple as slapping a turbo onto your engine and tuning. I would not recommend your team attempt forced induction unless you already have a strong n/a powertrain and you have people well versed in engine tuning. I would hate to see a team fail their engine at competition due to insufficient development time.

Best of luck to everyone!

Cam

BryanP
11-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Cam,
The support that Garrett/ Honeywell gives to Formula SAE is absolutely wonderful. Garrett/ Honeywell's unstinting commitment to engineering education is an exemplary case of a company that understands the benefits to everyone of investing in the future.
Thanks from everyone involved in Formula SAE.
Regards
Bryan

UQ Turbo
11-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Agreed! Cheers Cam.

UQTurbo

310Turbo
11-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys! We're mostly ex-FSAE guys and we enjoy helping out where we can. Please keep in mind the work that Kirk (TurboTwig) and Gerry do are in addition to their normal duties so it's all free overtime for them.