PDA

View Full Version : Jaz Roll Over Vent Valve

Mike Macie
09-22-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm looking into running a Jaz bulkhead vent valve in our fuel cap. I was wondering if any teams using it have any problems not fully closing on the tilt table. I don't want to run a line over the roll hoop and it would look kind of dumb adapting a line from a 8an fitting. If i have to run a line, i'd rather use a cheaper ball-type check valve.

Mike Macie
09-22-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm looking into running a Jaz bulkhead vent valve in our fuel cap. I was wondering if any teams using it have any problems not fully closing on the tilt table. I don't want to run a line over the roll hoop and it would look kind of dumb adapting a line from a 8an fitting. If i have to run a line, i'd rather use a cheaper ball-type check valve.

Russ_McLaughlin
09-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Just use a cheap PCV valve turned around backwards with no hose running from it.

Kirk Feldkamp
09-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Fuel Safe and a bunch of other manufacturers make AN-6 style roll over valves. They're cheap too. If you want super cheap, they also make a silly little plastic one that fits inside a 3/8" rubber fuel hose. Regardless, the check valve needs to be oriented vertically or else it wont do anything if you're upside down. If you're worried about spilling out of the tipover valve during the tilt test, just put your line on the side opposite of the tilt.

Hot Rod JayRad
10-15-2007, 09:06 AM
I just called Fuel Safe, who said their rollover vent/check valves WILL NOT pass our tilt test. Their valves are not discriminator valves, so the ball will close the valve only based on gravity, not fuel. They actually recommended to me to run a line to the top of the roll hoop, and turn it over, and run the line back in order to pass tech!

Mike Macie
10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
At detroit i remember seeing Dearborn running a Jaz vent valve without a line. Can anyone from Dearborn comment on how well it worked out?

Didier Beaudoin
10-15-2007, 10:47 AM
We have used a 1/3 psi check valve before, without any problem. And there is no chance of spillage, whatsoever.

Look on Mcmaster.com. They have some.