PDA

View Full Version : data acquisition

scofield
03-08-2010, 10:46 PM
if the pe ecu is capable of data logging to the computer can anyone tell me the additional use of a data acquisition system? coz i aint sure if it is used for anything else than that

scofield
03-08-2010, 10:46 PM
if the pe ecu is capable of data logging to the computer can anyone tell me the additional use of a data acquisition system? coz i aint sure if it is used for anything else than that

poe21
03-09-2010, 12:00 AM
what all can the PE ECU log? What all can a data acquisition log? It's like comparing ground chuck to filet mignon.

Macros
03-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Depends on what you want to log.
Depends on what ECU and DL you use.

Perhaps you should read a book about data acquisition before you ask simple questions.

roepke44
03-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Like you said, the PE logs to a computer. Are you going to strap a computer to your car? For dyno testing purposes, this might be fine, but for on the car and driving purposes, good luck with that.

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
03-09-2010, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poe21:
what all can the PE ECU log? What all can a data acquisition log? It's like comparing ground chuck to filet mignon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but the filet is much more expensive. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FYI, Our new system has internal datalogging. Send me an email if you would like more information on the capabilities.

poe21
03-09-2010, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B Lewis @ PE Engine Management:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poe21:
what all can the PE ECU log? What all can a data acquisition log? It's like comparing ground chuck to filet mignon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but the filet is much more expensive. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FYI, Our new system has internal datalogging. Send me an email if you would like more information on the capabilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely not knocking the PE, even though as I looked back it sounds like I was (sorry about that). We have run the PE for years with great success. But I know that for what the judges like to see at competition (suspension parameters, tire temps, lateral g's, wheel speeds, etc) the PE does not accomplish these things like it does the engine parameters, and some other user inputs. Most of the data acquisition systems are set up exactly for the information we need to improve our cars. Although many don't come also as a stand alone tuning computer, as far as I know.