PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum - Introduction

John McCrory
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Hello, my name is John McCrory. I am the Race Car Product Manager at Aurora Bearing Company. For the 20 years I’ve been here at Aurora and for about 5 years previous at a major racing school, and it has been my pleasure to work with teams involved with Formula SAE and related programs. Over the years, I’ve monitored this forum, but never participated. After discussing this with Eric at University of Wisconsin Madison, I’ve decided to become a member.
I am not doing this to use this forum as an advertising platform. If you catch me doing so, call me on it. Rather, I often answer questions related to rod ends and spherical bearings for participants, and I’ve decided that working in an arena such as this will perhaps help a greater number of people more effectively.
I can be reached at 630-859-2030 x 3088 or at jmccrory@aurorabearing.com if any one wants to speak to me directly.

Big Bird
08-21-2012, 01:12 PM
John, welcome! This is a great little community to be part of, and you have come into with exactly the right spirit. Engineers helping engineers. I hope your time on these forums is as rewarding to you as my time here has been to me.

Enjoy!

PatClarke
08-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Good to see you here John. Long time no see!

Pat

Ben K
08-21-2012, 05:59 PM
John,

Thanks for all the help on the phone through my years on Formula. You were definitely awesome.

Glad to see you on the forum!

Ben

John McCrory
08-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Pat, you are always busy at the competitions, so we rarely have a chance to exchange pleasantries!

You and all involved should be very proud of the just published "Learn & Compete". I hope it has been mentioned in another thread. It is a must have for any race team, not just student competitions.

Steve Fox
08-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi John,

Welcome! Your participation will add a welcome level of expertise.

For those of you who have not done your rod end homework, John represents one of the (if not THE) best rod end manufacturers in the world. John is an encyclopedia of rod end knowledge, with a well deserved reputation for thinking outside the box.

Aurora's catalog is a wealth of information, and they will supply you a CAD library of their products, making your design efforts that much easier...

Claude Rouelle
08-30-2012, 04:48 PM
John,

Welcome to the madness!

Steve and Pat are always too busy: for "pleasantries" and (good and bad) jokes come to me! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Your products are a reference ( designed my first Formula Ford with your rod end) and it is good you make your information accessible to all FSAE and Formula Students participants

MCoach
08-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the forums!

We have a great and supportive community here. It's always nice to have some of the more experienced people join and love to contribute.
I am sure you will find some cozy company here with the likes of Ed, Claude, Pat, Z, along with the horde of current and ex-FSAE members.

http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Matthew Newman
09-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Hello,

My name is Matthew. I am currently in the UWA Motorsport Team (still relatively new). I am a general team member (I just do general fix it jobs on the cars), but I am starting to take on more important roles in the team. I have always been interested in racing, and FSAE has allowed me to begin to experience what it is like in a race team. So far it has been great, and I hope too have even more fun at my first competition in December this year.