PDA

View Full Version : ...

qwr
09-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey guys,
I'm new to FSAE but not to turbocharging. I have done some extensive searching on the cbr 600f4i topic though and have pretty much come up dry.
Alot of teams that run turbos seem to lower the CP quite a bit. It is obvious why you would do this but, my question is. Since we are limited to 600cc displacement. Lowering CP would in advertantly cause displacement to increase over 600ccs.

For people running turbos. What PSI maxes out the duty cycle of the stock injectors? And are you experiencing overheating problems with turbo overspool?

I Just need to get the ball rolling a preposal before anything can be done. Just searhing out my options any input would me much appreciated
thanks alot
Jason

qwr
09-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey guys,
I'm new to FSAE but not to turbocharging. I have done some extensive searching on the cbr 600f4i topic though and have pretty much come up dry.
Alot of teams that run turbos seem to lower the CP quite a bit. It is obvious why you would do this but, my question is. Since we are limited to 600cc displacement. Lowering CP would in advertantly cause displacement to increase over 600ccs.

For people running turbos. What PSI maxes out the duty cycle of the stock injectors? And are you experiencing overheating problems with turbo overspool?

I Just need to get the ball rolling a preposal before anything can be done. Just searhing out my options any input would me much appreciated
thanks alot
Jason

Dan Deussen @ Weber Motor
09-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Hello Jason,

I assume you mean CR (compression ratio) when you write CP.

Lowering the CR by either shimming the head with a thicker gasket or milling the piston domes does not change the displacement.

Displacement is defined as the swept volume of the piston and that will not change unless you alter the bore or stroke.

Pete M
09-04-2007, 09:49 AM
What Dan said.

Also, any 600 cc bike injectors should work fine as they're all good for at least 100 hp, which is about the most you can make with the restrictor in place.

Not sure what you mean by "turbo overspool". If you overspeed a turbo, either you'll blow the engine up due to overboost, or the CHRA in the turbo will come apart from the forces involved. You may overheat due to the increase in average power you're making if you don't size your cooling system appropriately, but this isn't really related to overspeeding the turbo.

Orion ZyGarian
09-04-2007, 10:18 AM
I'd think you'd have to be doing something serious or seriously stupid to overspeed a turbo nowadays...wastegates are your friend! Use them!

Besides, it would be hard to overspin a turbo with 600cc's of displacement I would think.

Regardless I too wonder what the most common way of lowering the CR has been for turbo users; has anyone gone so far as to have lower comp pistons in addition to the thicker headgasket?

Drew Price
09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Remember that using a thicker head gasket, or using shims will alter or possibly eliminate the effectiveness of the quench area of the combustion chambers (depending on engine used, head design, etc). That is without adding any material of course.

I would be wary of machining down stock piston crowns into dished pistons, especially on some of the 600cc pistons I have see out of engines, there does not seem to me very much extra material, and unless your tuner really knows what they are doing, you may be fairly likely do be able to destroy stock pistons pretty easily. There are probably dished pistons available, and 4 custom pistons usually don't run over ~$1000, right?

I have seen claims of charge pressures in the 12-15psi range, there are past threads for specific cars that go a little more in depth about individual setups.

You could find what power level you can support with the stock injectors by just finding out what their max rated flow is (at what fuel pressure), and whether or not they are capable of sustained flow (some aren't, and I don't know anything about the CBR engines).

Best,
Drew

qwr
09-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Over spool meaning. The inducer size is larger then the restrictor plate. therefore the turbo will spin faster to move the same volumetric amount of gas. Lowering the compression ratio keeping everything else stock would cause displacement to rise. but if you decreased the CR to a ideal turbo range lets say 9.5-10 the head would have to be significantly shaved to keep the same displacement.

Once again when i say over spool i don't mean OVER boost. Since the Restrictor plate is smaller then the inducer and the compressor wheel it will cause the turbo to spin faster due to the vacume created between the turbo and the restrictor plate.
Thanks again guys
Jason

qwr
09-04-2007, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Regardless I too wonder what the most common way of lowering the CR has been for turbo users; has anyone gone so far as to have lower comp pistons in addition to the thicker headgasket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have lowered CP with a thicker MLS Headgasket before. Does wonders but for Hi-psi. i would think twice, but my current project is going to be running 21psi on a MLS headgasket.

Biggy72
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
The displacement is only calculated on bore and stroke. It has nothing to do with the compression ratio, shape of the piston or anything else. So unless you bore an engine out, or put in a new stroked crank with shorter rods then the displacement will be the exact same.

VFR750R
09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
XU, changing compression ratio does not change displacement. No change in head chamber, dish volume or head gasket thickness changes displacement. Displacement is defined by the stroke and bore only.

The restrictor will not force the turbo to speed up, nor will it have to to displace more volume of air, it will mearly displace the same volume of air at a lower pressure (same volume at the inducer, but lower MASS flow rate).

the turbo can overrev due to the restrictor, and that is a good reason to have a wastegate control that has more variables then just boost. This overspeed will increase the charge temperature as the Pressure ratio rises across the compressor, but it is only an issue after choke and does not directly cause engine overheating, but can cause damaging detonation. Simple alogrithims of wastegate position with RPM or reducing boost demand with RPM both do an adequete job although more advanced techniques can be more accurate and robust.

The Gus
09-04-2007, 03:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Displacement is defined by the stroke and bore only.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and the number of cylinders http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Grant Mahler
09-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Jason

I'd suggest you pick up a book titled Maximum Boost, by Corky Bell. It appears you are confused on several terms and concepts, and this book should clarify some of that.

Orion ZyGarian
09-04-2007, 07:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grant Mahler:
Jason

I'd suggest you pick up a book titled Maximum Boost, by Corky Bell. It appears you are confused on several terms and concepts, and this book should clarify some of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By far my favorite book...theres all sorts of excellent info that everyone can learn from heading into forced induction.

Having read that however, I'm ready to step up to something "bigger", with more specifics, theory, and math involved http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Any suggestions?

By the way, in case anyone else here is wondering what GT3076R and GT3582R compressor maps look like when applied to the Toyota 7M, I mapped these years ago:
http://www.tamparacing.com/photopost/data/500/medium/7M-GT3582R-compressor-map.jpg
http://www.tamparacing.com/photopost/data/500/7M-GT3076R-compressor-map.jpg

qwr
09-04-2007, 10:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biggy72:
The displacement is only calculated on bore and stroke. It has nothing to do with the compression ratio, shape of the piston or anything else. So unless you bore an engine out, or put in a new stroked crank with shorter rods then the displacement will be the exact same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it does. Keep in MIND your CH the compression height From the wrist pin to the top of the piston Occupies a volume. when that is shaved down displacement is increased. The total volume is increased.

Think about it. And stop being very stubborn about it. You have the same bore same Stroke same head and HG. But the top of the piston is missing a Huge piece. TOTAL Volume is Increased. The ratio of how much the piston Sweeps to the total Volume of the Cylinder is Changed. Lowering the COmpression ratio

qwr
09-04-2007, 10:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grant Mahler:
Jason

I'd suggest you pick up a book titled Maximum Boost, by Corky Bell. It appears you are confused on several terms and concepts, and this book should clarify some of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I own that book, its fantastic thanks. Please read my post above

qwr
09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Alright I took the time to draw a diagram for the mentals here that have trouble understanding what i am saying or fail to read the whole post before jumping the gun
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/XRT09/CRdiagram.jpg

With the example cylinder of
you get the CR with the Total volumentric displacement when the piston is at dead bottom compared to the volume in the cylinder when full compression sweep is done 86mm. You get the two.
As you can see shaving the pistons will effect displacement. and CR ratio. at the same time. The picture just has randomly made up numbers to illistrate a point. I dont know where you kids are geting your intel from. But Hate to breat it to you its innacurate.

Pete M
09-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Dude, you have now had several experienced engine guys answer your question in exactly the same way, and you honestly think it is us that is confused? You are misunderstanding basic engine terminology.

Of course shaving pistons will increase the total volume of a cylinder. Everyone here already knows that. Displacement is defined as swept volume, not total volume. It is swept volume that is restricted to 610 cc, not the total volume of a cylinder. Pick up an engine textbook and look up the terms "swept volume", "clearance volume", "displacement" and "compression ratio".

As for overspeed, if you tell your wastegate controller to try to achieve 21 psi of boost at 10,000 rpm on a 600 cc engine, you *will* overspeed the turbo. Or at the very least you will wastefully spin it much faster than it needs to be. A wastegate controller with TP and RPM defining aim boost could be used to prevent overspeed. But there are other more advanced methods too.

Dan G
09-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Wow. Your new definition of displacement makes much more sense than the one thats 100 years old. Thanks for enlightening us! You're a genius!

Big Bird
09-05-2007, 03:29 AM
There is something quite hilarious about someone meekly signing on here as a "noob" - and then within one thread and 6 posts they are calling anyone who doesn't agree with them stubborn and ignorant mentals who can't read. Jason, I have to say I admire you for your chutzpah mate. It's a welcome change from the usual "where do I find the formula to design a chassis" questions.

Unfortunately, I have to join the growing legion of stubborn and ignorant mentals above - some of whom, I have to say, are the most respected & articulate stubborn and ignorant mentals I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

I think you are wrong with your idea of displacement. You are considering volume at BDC as your displacement, whereas the volume at BDC is actually your displacement PLUS your clearance volume. Displacement is the amount of working fluid DISPLACED in one cycle from BDC to TDC.

Using your example above, every time the crank moves from BDC to TDC the piston moves 86mm
up the bore. In your standard engine it is stopping 4mm short of the head. From your bore of 84mm, I calculated your piston area as 55.4176cm^2. Therefore, for your standard engine:
Your volume at TDC is 0.4 x 55.4176 = 22.167cc
Your volume at BDC is (8.6 + 0.4) x 55.4176 = 498.76cc.
These agree with your figures, and your compression ratios are correct.

Now, if you were to remove the spark plug and fill the cylinder at BDC with oil/paraffin/beer/whatever, it would take 498.76cc of fluid to fill it to the bottom of the plug hole. If we then rotated the crank 180 degrees, the piston crown would move 86mm up the bore, and we would be left with 22.167cc of fluid trapped in the chamber at TDC (the clearance volume). We would have DISPLACED (498.76 – 22.167) = 476.59cc of fluid all over the garage floor (I'm ignoring the volume of the plug hole here). This equates to our 55.4176cc piston area, multiplied by the 86mm stroke.

If we now shave our pistons 10mm like in your example, it is true our BDC volume is greater – the piston roof is located 10mm further down the bore. But our TDC volume is greater too – as the piston roof now finishes its travel 14mm below the top of the chamber, not 4mm like before. Just as before, the piston roof has travelled 86 mm from BDC to TDC, and the DISPLACED volume is still 476.59cc. (Again, this equates to our 55.4176cc piston area, multiplied by the 86mm stroke.)

Displacement is a measure of how much working fluid can be (ideally) pumped through the chamber each stroke. And it is this that is the important parameter as it is defines how much fresh charge we can get each stroke to convert into useful work.

Hope that helps. Yours mentally,

samphlett
09-05-2007, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alright I took the time to draw a diagram for the mentals here that have trouble understanding what i am saying or fail to read the whole post before jumping the gun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are going to go far once you've graduated (if you do of course).

Orion ZyGarian
09-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Haha this thread is awesome...

I loved the science and proofing etc.

A simple way to prove him wrong wouldve been just to say "bore x stroke"...since bore hasnt changed and the piston still travels the same distance...

marcus
09-05-2007, 10:16 AM
so is that 325 actually stroked to 3.1?

Orion ZyGarian
09-05-2007, 12:44 PM
You've got to wonder now, dont you? Probably just has lower compression pistons lol

Marshall Grice
09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow. I mean if you're going to 'jump in' to fsae you might as well make a splash!

VFR750R
09-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

Maybe once he realizes he was wrong and called all of us wrong he'll leave here and go back to turboing street cars where his only critics are high school educated and know even less then him.

One final question for XU, have you actually tried using your own math and come up with the correct displacement for known engines or are the manufacturers of every engine on the planet wrong too?

Biggy72
09-05-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm just thinking he will register with another name since nobody really knows who he is or where he's from yet any way.

Pete Marsh
09-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Geoff you are truly a saint. Helping the guy out when the rest of the world has just given up and flamed him. Perhaps you could find a place for him at RMIT? Someone on your team whos first thought is injector max flow rate would do wonders for OUR fuel economy points! I keep telling you guys should try using more fuel. lol.
True about re registering with another (prob still annon) sign on, but ask yourself, do you think he will be able to resist listing all his road cars in his sig?

Pete,
MK1 Cortina 440, 1500cc (sold)
HB Torana, stock. (sold)
HR Holden, 186ci Twin carb, speco floor shift (crashed)
MK1 Cortina 240 GT, Twin SU, big cam,valves etc.(sold)
RX3 Gp G rally car, 12A Bridge, rally stuff (crashed)
RX3 coupe 13B (sold)
XA Falcon van, 300ci 6cyl, cam+comp, F350 g/box, 9" diff, off road tyres and suspension.(crashed, sold)
'63 Ford Anglia, 13B PP , race car.(sold)
CM Chrysler wagon, 265 hemi, triples, comp+cam, awsome sleeper. (worn out, sold)
XC Falcon coupe, 351ci 4 speed, Moffet special.(sold, before it was worth $80000!!)
F100 shorty, stock(sold)
XC Falcon Van, GS 4.1L 4 speed, stock (P.O.S. sold)
Fiat 131 superbrava, 2lt twin cam, twin carb.(sold, saved the carbs, lost the Pitatory cams)
Nissan Pulsar van, E13 stock (crashed)
Ford Laser TX3, BP 1.6 turbo, 4WD, boost+pipes.
Nissan Stanza, 13B Bridge port, rallycross car.
VT Commodoor, company car.
XF Falcon wagon, 4.1L auto, awsome NOT!(actualy got money for it! not much but)
FJ60 Landcruiser, 3F 4.0 L ,extractors, LSD, LPG, 350 Holley.
Datsun 260Z, 2 seat, 13B Bridge port Rallycross car. (unfinished)
Nissan N13 Pulsar, 2.0L Family II, LSD. (unfinished)
FD Rx7,13BTT race car, stock, (pushing 8 PSI)

Pete M
09-05-2007, 09:15 PM
LMAO... and i second the notion that RMIT really needs to run richer. About 54% richer should be sufficient to protect the engine. Gotta watch running too lean on those singles. Just ask them how many engines they've blown up pushing the limit the way they do.

(And before you say anything Geoff, remember i've seen what's left of that engine you were going to run in Detroit last year...)

Grant Mahler
09-05-2007, 09:25 PM
and people like you two are nearly the only reason I stick around these boards anymore.

nice list there pete.

js10coastr
09-06-2007, 12:41 AM
and people like you two are nearly the only reason I stick around these boards anymore.

nice list there pete. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon of listing personal cars and "mods".

mtg
09-06-2007, 08:09 AM
js10: You forgot to add the "mod" by a drunk G out front of the strip club, and then the ensuing pursuit.

While I'm at it...

1988 Toyota Camry (crashed)
1994 Toyota Camry (sold to finance senior year at UMR)
2001 Honda CBR600 F4i (sold)
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R (sold, most fun winter car ever)
2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon
2003 Buell XB9R

Sorry, my list is lame compared to Pete.

Orion ZyGarian
09-06-2007, 02:54 PM
In addition to my first car (the 88 Supra listed) and my 4th car (Miata) both of which I own (the Supra forever), I have also owned:

89 Supra turbo hardtop auto (bought for $500, 76k mi, developed rod knock from previous owner's lack of care, sold for $600)
86 Corolla GT-S from the original owner, also $500, 250k miles on it all documented. Tranny went out because it had no oil for who knows how many thousands of miles, replaced tranny, sold for $1500, plan on buying back one day.

The '88 has a Rajay T4, Mark II Deltagate, intake, venting Type S, cross drilled rotors, springs, EGR removed, semi hardpipe, 3" GM MAF-T, etc. Plans for it are custom intake and exhaust manifolds (variable int. and twin scroll exh.), Brian Crower springs, valves, retainers, Turbo A cams, standalone, 35R, custom hybrid air and water intercooler, ceramic coated pistons, stopper style HG w/ARP studs, and general restoration here and there.

Miata has eBay intake and strut tower bar, Magnaflow catback, everything maintenance done to it, Fidanza flywheel, 1.8 clutch and PP, Tein coilovers, and 225/50/16 wheels

VFR750R
09-06-2007, 03:38 PM
You guys need to get serious. These are serious engine questions, and we need to answer them seriously.

1981 XR80 sold
1979 RM125 sold
1990 XR200 sold
1994 CR250R sold
1981 CM400C sold
1989 Jeep Comanche 4.0L 5 speed wore completely out
1986 VFR750F have
2004 Chevy Colorado sold
2000 CR250R have
2001 Corvette Z06 have
1993 Jeep Cherokee sold

mtg
09-06-2007, 05:09 PM
So, maybe your screen name should be "VFR750F".

Busted.

Now let's get back to disproving things. I think F=ma is a bunch of BS.

js10coastr
09-06-2007, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mtg:

Busted.

Now let's get back to disproving things. I think F=ma is a bunch of BS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Issac Newton was a commie bastard...

VFR750R
09-06-2007, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mtg:

Busted.

Now let's get back to disproving things. I think F=ma is a bunch of BS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I wish I had a VFR750R (RC30 for us american folk)

Charlie
09-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Just wanted to quote this before it's probably deleted. I want to think it's a joke, but I'm worried that it's not!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XuRacing:
Alright I took the time to draw a diagram for the mentals here that have trouble understanding what i am saying or fail to read the whole post before jumping the gun
http://www.cpmaverick.com/Misc/CRdiagram.jpg
Original Link (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/XRT09/CRdiagram.jpg)
With the example cylinder of
you get the CR with the Total volumentric displacement when the piston is at dead bottom compared to the volume in the cylinder when full compression sweep is done 86mm. You get the two.
As you can see shaving the pistons will effect displacement. and CR ratio. at the same time. The picture just has randomly made up numbers to illistrate a point. I dont know where you kids are geting your intel from. But Hate to breat it to you its innacurate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Hate to breat it to you, but your illistratun is the on that is inacurate. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Please, do yourself a favor. Learn about engines again. Start over. You might know some fancy words, but you don't even have a basic grasp of how they work.

P.S., I'm usually pretty easy on people if they don't understand things, but if they have this kind of attitude, all bets are off!

Garlic
09-06-2007, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biggy72:
I'm just thinking he will register with another name since nobody really knows who he is or where he's from yet any way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't say that....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Date Registered: September 04, 2007
Karma Title: Member
Display Email: Jzx1@pitt.edu
Which school do you/did you attend: Univeristy of Pittsburgh

-Jason
FSAE Newbie
94 Surpa Turbo 6spd (t66 single) Sold
86 944 turbo 5spd Stage 1
02 Spec V 6spd turbo
86 325 Stroked to 3.1 Pushing 21psi (soon) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

S979
09-06-2007, 09:09 PM
While Jason's diagram and theory is completely off and unrelated to this, David Vizard has written in one of his books how in some cases you increase effective displacement by lowering compression on a force induced engine.

It makes sense especially on supercharged engines because as long as you are effectively scavenging the chamber on the exhaust stroke, the positive pressure on intake stroke is going to want to fill the cylinder more than just what the piston displaces.

Pete M
09-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Pfft... you're just ignorant, Charlie.

Hey, weren't you a design judge at one stage? LOL.

Garlic
09-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Back to Biggy72's question:

I'm having a slow afternoon so I decided to look this guy up. WAY too easy. If you really want to, you can find his myspace page, web blog, and website. But seems too mean to post them up here.

However, not knowing anything about Turbos and also being a dick is something he has practice at.

http://www.nissanforums.com/b15-2000-chassis/123973-oil-feed-lines.html

Browsing the site; he did install the turbo, somehow. Not exactl a smart install but it got in. The car was for sale shortly after, and he 'never had time' to get it on the dyno. But of course, it made 400+ HP. username 'BustedSpecV', so you can guess what he did to the poor car.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-139435.html

Ok, so I am a wanker, but people get what's coming to them.

repeatoffender
09-07-2007, 12:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">XuRacing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
if you guys wont i will http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

heres his myspace, how gay is the music

http://www.myspace.com/xuracing

hows this quote: I am a fuelSLUT Boost Whore

awwww and his life story

TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF- The Survey
Name Jason Z Xu
Birthday 5-08-88
Birthplace beijing China
Current Location Fair Lawn NJ
Eye Color Drk Bwn
Hair Color Drk Bwn
Height 5'11"
Left handed or Right handed Sometimes Left Somtimes right Predominatly right
Your Heritage Chinese
The shoes you wore today Reebokz
Your weakness Saying No
<span class="ev_code_RED">Your fears Not being able to acomplish anything in my life </span>
Your perfect pizza Peperoni, and sausage
Goal you would like to achieve this year Get accepted to a good college
Your most overused phrase on i/m LOL
Thoughts first waking up Where am i?
Your best physical feature Hair
Your bedtime Never
Your most missed memory My best freind
Pepsi or Coke Pepsi
McDonalds or Burger King Burger King
Single or Group Dates Single
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea Nestea went out of buisness
Choclate or Vanilla Vanilla
Cappuccino or Coffee Cappuccino
Do you smoke No sir
Do you swear Hellz yeah
Do you sing when the mood strikes
Do you sower daily Sower? no Shower Yes
Have you been in love Yes
Do you want to go to college Most definately
Do you want to get married Someday
Do you belive in yourself When i am motivated
Do you get motion sickness ..Not when i am going 160mph http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Do you think you are attractive Not at all
Are you a health freak Nope
Do you get along with your parents Not really but who does
Do you like thunderstorms Hellz yeah
Do you play an instrument Used to
In the past month have you drank alcohol Probably not
In the past month have you smoked Nope
In the past month have you gone to the mall Yes
In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos Nope
In the last month have you eaten Sushi Nope
In the past month have you been dumped Nope
In the past month have you gone skinny dipping Nope
In the past month have you stolen anything Nope
Ever been drunk Probably dont remeber if yes
Ever been beaten up Yes i have
Ever shoplifted Yes
How do you want to die Slow and painful so i can remeber all the ones i love and feel their pain
What do you want to be when you grow up Doctor
What country would you most like to visit Homeland China!
In a boy/girl
Favorite eye color Doesnt Matter
Favorite hair color Doesnt Matter
Short or long Long i like short is alright
Height Doesnt matter as long as shes not 6 ft taller then me
Weight varies with height
Best clothing style Dont care
Number of I have taken ???wtf is this asking?
Number of cds i own Alot
Number of piercings Zero
Number of Tattoos Zero
Number of things in my past i regret Alot

Wesley
09-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Remind me not to ever try to be an idiot in front of you guys. That myspace move is just no mercy. Worthy of a Goon. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm going to go increase cylinder filling by taking the intake cam out and jamming the valves open with some bolts. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif See you lusers in Detroit!

Pete M
09-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Lol, this just keeps getting better. This is GOLD:

"The reason why the car makes so much more power then what you normally see is because The fuel regulator is bigger, and the injectors a ALOT bigger you see people running 300-350hp at 7psi only running 300cc injectors i have 577cc injectors with in combination with the 255lph walbro which are both included in the kit, So more fuel and the high CP = more power If you have any questions feel free to contact me! thanks"

Of course! Doesn't matter if you've got less air, just throw more fuel at it! [Runs out to find bigger injectors for our car...]

Orion ZyGarian
09-07-2007, 08:19 AM
In defense of this guy, chimmike is a local in my home town and often a complete dick with quite an ego. Although he did have a pretty badass disco potato Sentra a year or two ago

Wesley
09-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Thats exactly the reason I replaced my carbuerator with a water hose. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wesley
09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
"Anyways today Troys Grad party! Lots of booze, heated pool, lots of women what more could you want?! hahaha anyways kids cell it up if you need me new cell <span class="ev_code_RED">2018432121</span>, or just call me out of sheer boredom people do that as well! Amk feel better. I am back out
Later kids
-Xu"

There's his phone number if you need any tips. He posted it on the internet. Hooray!

VFR750R
09-07-2007, 01:52 PM
1080 friends...I don't think any are here.

Patrick
09-07-2007, 07:04 PM
booo that's not his number! i tried calling... it's a mall... maybe he found his true calling as a receptionist?

-Patrick
RPI Alum
NASA - Jet Propulsion Laboratory

rjwoods77
09-07-2007, 07:22 PM
XuRacing
Fair Lawn, NJ US
Bitch
Ceo Head Mechanic.
1997-Present
XuTech
Fair Lawn , NJ US
President
Computer Networking, Hardware Services
1998-Present

Can I have a job? Next time bury your head in the sand and not your body. XU FTW.

VFR750R
09-07-2007, 08:00 PM
He hasn't responded, maybe he was spaming for potential customers and found out we weren't buying.

Orion ZyGarian
09-08-2007, 11:59 PM
http://plausibletech.com/delivers.jpg

Garlic
09-12-2007, 08:37 AM
The original poster stirs...

drivetrainUW-Platt
09-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Holy crap, how did I miss this one, mabye because the thread name is ...

At least the guy was right about oil cooling turbos, that is true if they aren't water cooled.

But the rest is just crap, has he ever seen a piston and watch it go up and down?

You guys prob made him cry and now hes getting bad thoughts.....

repeatoffender
09-12-2007, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drivetrainUW-Platt:
Holy crap, how did I miss this one, mabye because the thread name is ...

At least the guy was right about oil cooling turbos, that is true if they aren't water cooled.

But the rest is just crap, has he ever seen a piston and watch it go up and down?

You guys prob made him cry and now hes getting bad thoughts..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey he changed the topic of the post!!!

what a loser

FryGuy
09-12-2007, 05:43 PM
changed his name too. He is now known as "qwr".

Charlie
09-30-2007, 10:14 PM
I tune back in to this thread and no news. Bummer. I wonder if this guy learned anything.

ad
09-30-2007, 11:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FryGuy:
changed his name too. He is now known as "qwr". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

could 'qwr' stand for qweer?

I think it applies well given the situation