PDA

View Full Version : RC lateral movement??

Alvi
10-29-2004, 03:37 PM
I've read a lot of values about vertical movement of RC in Bump/droop but... What about lateral migration in Roll movement????

We've about 6" of lateral movement with a 2,5º Roll, but more than 20" when 2,5º Roll and 0.8" Bump are simultaneously aplicated...What do you think about this??? What values do you think are reasonable? (I'm afraid that ours aren´t, are they?)

Well, here you are some of my numbers...

1 inch RC vertical movement per inch of bump

0.8 deg. camber change per deg. of roll
0.5 deg. camber change per inch of bump travel

What do you think about them??

Thank you very much.

Alvi
10-29-2004, 03:37 PM
I've read a lot of values about vertical movement of RC in Bump/droop but... What about lateral migration in Roll movement????

We've about 6" of lateral movement with a 2,5º Roll, but more than 20" when 2,5º Roll and 0.8" Bump are simultaneously aplicated...What do you think about this??? What values do you think are reasonable? (I'm afraid that ours aren´t, are they?)

Well, here you are some of my numbers...

1 inch RC vertical movement per inch of bump

0.8 deg. camber change per deg. of roll
0.5 deg. camber change per inch of bump travel

What do you think about them??

Thank you very much.

jack
10-29-2004, 03:49 PM
a roll center moving towards the outside will initially create more lateral grip on the inside tire and less to the outside tire. if outside the track, it will even create negative initial lateral grip on the outside tire.

and vise versa.

what you need to do is identify trade-offs, and figure out where you want to go with your geometry in general. your numbers are only "bad" or "good" if they create an opposite effect of what you want.