PDA

View Full Version : SolidWorks 2010 Weldment Profiles

KyleD
08-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Greetings everyone.
I'm having some issues with SolidWorks 2010 recognizing custom weldment profiles for structural members. We recently upgraded to 2010 running on windows 7. I can use all the default profiles (ansi and iso), however when I try to make a custom profile it wont recognize it in the structural member menu. I followed all the procedures to make the custom profile, saving it as a .sldlfp file, and changing the folder in which to look for it in the solidworks options. Anybody else having this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

KyleD
08-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Greetings everyone.
I'm having some issues with SolidWorks 2010 recognizing custom weldment profiles for structural members. We recently upgraded to 2010 running on windows 7. I can use all the default profiles (ansi and iso), however when I try to make a custom profile it wont recognize it in the structural member menu. I followed all the procedures to make the custom profile, saving it as a .sldlfp file, and changing the folder in which to look for it in the solidworks options. Anybody else having this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

kapps
08-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Make sure you click on the sketch before saving it as a weldment profile. Once saved, the sketch should turn green indicating success.

RollingCamel
08-28-2010, 02:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kapps:
Make sure you click on the sketch before saving it as a weldment profile. Once saved, the sketch should turn green indicating success. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that was the problem i had long time ago.

Brian Barnhill
08-30-2010, 06:25 AM
I had this problem as well - and in my case I had to layout the folder structure the same as in the default folder.

That is you need one folder to designate the class (i.e. ANSI Inch or Metric) and another for the type (Pipe, Square Tube, Angle, etc)

The not clicking on the sketch before saving usually gave me an "empty profile" error, but still let me see the profile in the structural member menu, if I recall.

KyleD
08-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Yeah I figured out yesterday that it was the folder structure that was messing it up.