PDA

View Full Version : Torsen M021-DHU Differential Drawing

Arron
02-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Hello
Can anyone please help me with a drawing of the Torsen M021-DHU differential, this is the older FSAE unit that was replaced with the new 012000 model. Ive tried emailing Torsen like their site suggests but they are not replying.

Thanks

Arron
02-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Hello
Can anyone please help me with a drawing of the Torsen M021-DHU differential, this is the older FSAE unit that was replaced with the new 012000 model. Ive tried emailing Torsen like their site suggests but they are not replying.

Thanks

RonBurgundy01
02-07-2006, 05:51 AM
You'll probably struggle to get anything out of the Torsen boys on the web site. I have heard that they are not real keen on giving drawings apart from the plans you get with the actual diff itself.

If you can get your hands on the 2D plans for the unit it is not hard to model it in 3D but as for getting the 2D plans, that is something i can not help you with. Sorry mate.

Hope you can find someone who can help you.

bigtoyota9
02-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Arron, I know that my school has a 2D drawing of the diff. directly from torsen. Im pretty sure we got it back in 99. The only problem is that its printed on an E sized sheet so scanning it and getting a copy of it to you might be a problem. Shoot me an email at jon.diuguid@gmail.com, and I'll see if I cant get you intouch with the right person on the team to get you what you need.

drivetrainUW-Platt
02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I have it on an 8.5x11" sheet, 2-D was sufficient to design the custom housing I did in 04, make sure to have the part there too if possible for the lips on the ends of the housing that the friction disks ride on and some other minor details.

Arron
02-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Hi Mike, would it be possible for you to email me a copy of that drawing? simonhunt@teambathracing.com if you can. Thanks for your reply.

drivetrainUW-Platt
02-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Have you tried contacting the fsae rep at torsen about these drawings, the ones I have are a few years old, maybe they have some more information. Send me a private message to remind me.

Analogue
02-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Did you ever get a copy?

I have an electronic one at home, and can send it later this evening.

Keith

drivetrainUW-Platt
02-15-2006, 07:45 PM
I currently can't find mine, so if someone else has it send it to the guys that want it....

Analogue
02-15-2006, 08:23 PM
I did find the old print in pdf format.

Anybody interested should PM me for it. I'm not keen on publicly posting copyrighted material on the Interweb.

Keith

geniousanurag
03-05-2006, 07:41 AM
hi Mike
We are too thinking of using a torsen differential. Would it be possible for you to mail me that draing. My email id is anuragsarawagi2004@yahoo.co.in.
regards
anurag
drive train leader
IIT Delhi , India

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drivetrainUW-Platt:
I have it on an 8.5x11" sheet, 2-D was sufficient to design the custom housing I did in 04, make sure to have the part there too if possible for the lips on the ends of the housing that the friction disks ride on and some other minor details. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

drivetrainUW-Platt
03-05-2006, 08:15 PM
see above post from analogue...I dont have mine