PDA

View Full Version : Ricardo Software

Enrik
11-13-2008, 08:11 AM
As a new member from the portuguese technical university (IST) that is still learning how to do his job properly, I'd be greatful if someone could help me with my doubts.
My team are about to get a Ricardo Software license and perhaps a Yamaha R6 engine. To study the intake system with Ricardo Wave, it was told me that I need the model of the engine to use with the software.
Does anyone know how can I get this model?
Thank you,
Henrique Cunha

Enrik
11-13-2008, 08:11 AM
As a new member from the portuguese technical university (IST) that is still learning how to do his job properly, I'd be greatful if someone could help me with my doubts.
My team are about to get a Ricardo Software license and perhaps a Yamaha R6 engine. To study the intake system with Ricardo Wave, it was told me that I need the model of the engine to use with the software.
Does anyone know how can I get this model?
Thank you,
Henrique Cunha

Bazanaius
11-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi Enrik,

In order to model the engine in wave, you build what is essentially a flow diagram of your system. Each element of this diagram represents a part of your system and you model it by putting the correct values into the properties sections of each element.

To model your R6 you will need a number of values to do with your engine. I'd guess that you're unlikely to get someone to send you a copy of their model (if you do, can someone send it to me too?!) but lots of the values can be found out or approximated/calculated.

A good place to start is the service manual which you can find on google...