PDA

View Full Version : Using Fluent?? Help

Scannee
01-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi Guys

Ive never used fluent 6.2 before but i need to start. From what i gather i can import ansys prep 7 files in? has anyone any experience of this? I dont yet have a acces to gambit at uni so i cant draw any geometry in that just now. Im a bit stuck and would appretiate a dummies guide or any pointers or even gambit case files to mess about with running meshes and analysis on.

Im a suspesion guy myself but due to a severe lack of team members i have to undertake this aswell as a few other extras

Thanks Guys

Steve

Bell Racing
Scotland

Royston
01-07-2007, 07:16 AM
try using some file sharing s/wres or torrent files to d/w fluent tutorials

Joy Pathak
01-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Hello Steve..

I detailed tutorials and training manuals on fluent. They are all on my computer. Contact me at wangbang609@hotmail.com and i will send you the files.
It's better to learn how to do it by urself then have me tell you what procedure to follow.
Try to get working on gambit as fast as you can. Those meshes.... take a while.. trust me. You want them to be structured for best results... so yeah.

Sincerely

Pathak

Big Jimbo
01-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Fluent is not too bad to use, but i would definately recommend getting hold of gambit and getting to grips with that as soon as possible. If you try searching google under the search string fluent airfoil tutorial cornell, i believe it is the first or second site listed which will give you tutorials ranging from flow through a pipe, to flow over an airfoil of your choice. The tutorials are designed for gambit and fluent 6.2 and are an excellent starting block. The is also a website (the name of which escapes me at present) where you can download NACA airfoils sections, and then just tweek the geometry as required. I have more info and some tutorials i am using for my masters degree at present so if you do require any assistance please dont hesitate to ask. My email is skeltz84@hotmail.com.