PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Teams

Spec
05-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Just wanted to arrange a get together of canadian teams down in Detroit as one of the teams arranged last year. (I forget what night it was) I'm sure I'll talk to most of you down there, drop by our pit and say hi. See you in Detroit.

Steve
U of Calgary

Spec
05-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Just wanted to arrange a get together of canadian teams down in Detroit as one of the teams arranged last year. (I forget what night it was) I'm sure I'll talk to most of you down there, drop by our pit and say hi. See you in Detroit.

Steve
U of Calgary

vinHonda
05-02-2004, 07:26 AM
I remember someone attempted to get Canadian teams together......was it the Molson sponsored Newfoundland team?

How goes the testing for all the Canadian teams up in the colder weather?

Vinh

Didier Beaudoin
05-02-2004, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vinHonda:
I remember someone attempted to get Canadian teams together......was it the Molson sponsored Newfoundland team?

Vinh <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cold weather? http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif We tested for the third time yesterday at it was about 25 Celcius... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Testing goes incredibly well so far. The car has about 2 hours of racing and only one thing has broken, and it happened late yesterday. Nothing serious though, it was only the shifter, which was, as I thought, a bit underengineered.

SeanZasada
05-02-2004, 09:38 AM
Hey Guys

Manitoba is moving along quickly and will be testing in a couple days. The weather here is decent...usually sunny and 10 degrees. Last year the CDN teams tried to meet up before heading to Big Buck's, but it didn't pan out too well. Any teams up for going out Saturday night? Come by Manitoba's trailer.

(The Jets are gone, so, Go Flames Go!!)

Rusty
05-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Ya that was us that tried to get all the Canadian teams together and we're up for it again this year too!! But it doesn't look like we're going to have molson sponsoring us this year, which kinda sucks!!
And if anyone is interested after we leave Detriot we're going to Winsor for the Sunday night and it would be great if a few teams joined us there too!!

vinHonda
05-04-2004, 04:31 AM
Univ. of Toronto has been testing since March and is now heavily into our testing schedule as we split a lot of our track time with Ryerson University. Temperatures only broke 20 degrees one day so far. We've done a lot of work in 10 degree weather as well as a colddddddd rainy session. We're waiting on some 20+ degree weather to get the most of our tires. Havent heard from any other Ontario school on their progress.... waterloo? queens? Western?

Vinh

Ben Beacock
05-04-2004, 07:23 AM
We've done our complete disassembly, paint and reassembly and are in testing mode again but it will be short lived. Because of the unveiling on Friday we're concentrating on cosmetics and the bits and pieces for the AWD. Hopefully we get some parts back that are being splined by Thursday, and it will all be together for Friday.

What hotels are the Canadian teams staying at? We're at the Wingate again.

Garbo
05-05-2004, 06:16 PM
I think we should all bee-line for Windsor on sunday evening, once everything has wrapped up. I have run this past some Waterloo people and they seem in. So, get your drinking hats on, we have to make up for losing the Molson sponsorship.

We're going driving tomorrow... the first car that we've finished before detroit... hale-freakin-leuja!

Garbo
Memorial University

SeanZasada
05-06-2004, 12:29 AM
U of Manitoba is staying at the Hampton Inn...just 2 mins north of the dome

Any other CDN's staying there?

(the weather here is constantly changing, 20 one day, then 6 the next, and all time the wind is around 70km/hr)

GO FLAMES

Ryan Schoffer
05-07-2004, 09:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vinHonda:

Vinh <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

we were going to heat cycle a second set of tires for the competition, but it started raining, and then snowing...

good thing we got lots of testing in the last month

SeanZasada
05-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Hey Calgary
thanks for the snow!!! this is brutal
...I think there is room in our structures lab to do a couple donuts...but that is about it.

http://www.mywinnipeg.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=Weather/FiveDayForecast&cid=996685319570

Ryan Schoffer
05-11-2004, 05:22 PM
we managed to get them heat cycled this weekend, but blew up our diff in the process during an acceleration run test, due to the input side spline on the torsen unti being turned down for a smaller bearing

it did pretty good for being used for 2 straight years, and being bagged on all summer

we have a backup that wasnt turned down, and are quickly rebuilding parts we broke, along with a small redesign to prevent this from happenning at competiton - hopefully torsen can get us a spare diff in time

Nate Notta
05-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Well with all this talk about partying in Windsor, I'm sure some of us from the University of Windsor will be willing to join in. I think we're all commuting to Pontiac every day so no hotels for us.
As for our car, we just finished the rolling chassis today (and engine is in). Hoping to have it driving on the weekend.
The 'integral into the hubs' cv joints are assembled http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif, the custom aluminum diff finally works, and ... today we cut one of our halfshafts too short http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif. So it's off to get some emergency gun-drilling...
Wish us luck,
and good luck to you all

Nate
U of W

Nate Notta
05-13-2004, 02:00 PM
We were talking about going out drinking with the other Canadian teams, and we were thinking if all you guys are gonna be around still on Sunday, you should come over to our facilities. We can shoot the shit, maybe drive if our cars aren't disabled after endurance, and head out to the bars after.
Interested? If Saturday's better I'm sure we can work that out too.

Nate Nantais
University of Windsor

Ryan Schoffer
05-13-2004, 10:08 PM
that actually sounds like a great idea - come talk to us in detroit