BryanP
04-18-2005, 01:30 PM
Photos of a car designed and built by grade 11 and 12 Tech design students

Kirk Feldkamp
04-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Restrictor?

BryanP
04-18-2005, 05:27 PM
We have not been allowed to enter the competition because we are a high school. If we are allowed to enter we will sleeve the engine to 595 cc.( It is currently 660 cc.), and install a restrictor. It is kind of difficult to lose the power untill necessary<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turbotwig:
Restrictor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Denny Trimble
04-18-2005, 05:52 PM
It's the John Player Special, in "Fun Size"! Sweet.

B Hise
04-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Apparently, my high school sucked. How did you guys get this project going?

IttyBitty
04-18-2005, 10:14 PM
...yeah, my highschool sucked too!
That's pretty freakin' cool!

LSU Dave
04-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Wow. What an amazing highschool program. You guys are doing better than we are right now haha!

BryanP
04-19-2005, 08:17 AM
We have a theory as to how the original JPS paint scheme evolved. You buy a gallon of black paint for the chassis. When the time comes to paint the body you have no money and two quarts of paint left over...
thanks for the interest
Bryan<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Denny Trimble:
It's the John Player Special, in "Fun Size"! Sweet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BryanP
04-19-2005, 10:40 AM
My high school shop class sucked too. At the time I said that if I ever became a shop teacher we would do some really cool stuff. When I came to this school I inherited an old woodworking shop with no metal equipment what so ever. That was 4 years ago. We now have a metal lathe, tubing bender,notcher, milling machine, and mig welder. Our first project was a 125 shifter kart. It is a blast. The students love it. Over enrollment for the classes is now a big problem.I originally posted the pictures thinking that they were for the single cylinder engine post. I will post some better photos. I think that we have done some stuff pretty well and made lots and lots of mistakes.
Bryan
Bryan<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B Hise:
Apparently, my high school sucked. How did you guys get this project going? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hoosier Daddy
04-19-2005, 06:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BryanP:
My high school shop class sucked too. At the time I said that if I ever became a shop teacher we would do some really cool stuff. When I came to this school I inherited an old woodworking shop with no metal equipment what so ever. That was 4 years ago. We now have a metal lathe, tubing bender,notcher, milling machine, and mig welder. Our first project was a 125 shifter kart. It is a blast. We have had zero support from administration for the projects but the students love it. Over enrollment for the classes is now a big problem.I originally posted the pictures thinking that they were for the single cylinder engine post. I will post some better photos. I think that we have done some stuff pretty well and made lots and lots of mistakes.
Bryan
Bryan<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B Hise:
Apparently, my high school sucked. How did you guys get this project going? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I spoke with you at the UofT Shootout in the fall. I was impressed with you then, for attempting this with HS students, and I applaud you now aswell! Nice work! When FSAE expands to 2 national events, I hope there will be room for you guys.

BryanP
04-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the kind words.
Bryan<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BryanP:
My high school shop class sucked too. At the time I said that if I ever became a shop teacher we would do some really cool stuff. When I came to this school I inherited an old woodworking shop with no metal equipment what so ever. That was 4 years ago. We now have a metal lathe, tubing bender,notcher, milling machine, and mig welder. Our first project was a 125 shifter kart. It is a blast. The students love it. Over enrollment for the classes is now a big problem.I originally posted the pictures thinking that they were for the single cylinder engine post. I will post some better photos. I think that we have done some stuff pretty well and made lots and lots of mistakes.
Bryan
I have edited a portion of this post because in retrospect I realize that it is possible to receive considerably less than zero...
Apparently, my high school sucked. How did you guys get this project going? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I spoke with you at the UofT Shootout in the fall. I was impressed with you then, for attempting this with HS students, and I applaud you now aswell! Nice work! When FSAE expands to 2 national events, I hope there will be room for you guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

syoung
04-20-2005, 02:29 AM
Looks lovely, well done guys! Have you run it much anywhere yet?

What tyres are you running it on?

BryanP
04-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the compliment.
We are running 15.0 diameter, 7" width tires on 8" rims. The tires are by American Racer.There is quite a limited selection of widths and compounds. The wheels are Douglas 6" width on the front and 8" on the rear.We chose 8" wheels because we wanted to build as small and light a car as possible with in the framework of the rules. Rear suspension was no problem but the front suspension was difficult.
We have had snow on the ground untill about a week ago. We have had the car out 4 times and it runs quite well. It stumbles in the upper revs in first gear and is just awesome when you hit second. Probably a jetting issue. The Drivetrain which was our biggest question mark seems solid so far.We have to upgrade our air cylinder for the shifter to Co2 because we run out of air quickly. We hope to weigh the car this week. That should be interesting.The NOS thing is just for fun. Something we decided to do when we were despairing ever racing anyone. A fitting that connects the fogger nozzles to the rubber intake manifold is back ordered. In a couple of weeks it will be fully fitted. We will play with it and shortly after a few passes take it off. The pavement is dirty and cold which is a problem and we have a lot of sorting out to do. But so far the car seems good. We are going to a local go-kart track to see if we can test there.
Bryan<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by syoung:

What tyres are you running it on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BryanP
04-21-2005, 04:25 PM
We have weighed the car. It is a portly 440 pounds wet. Hmm, not good.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BryanP:
Thanks for the compliment.
We are running 15.0 diameter, 7" width tires on 8" rims. The tires are by American Racer.There is quite a limited selection of widths and compounds. The wheels are Douglas 6" width on the front and 8" on the rear.We chose 8" wheels because we wanted to build as small and light a car as possible with in the framework of the rules. Rear suspension was no problem but the front suspension was difficult.
We have had snow on the ground untill about a week ago. We have had the car out 4 times and it runs quite well. It stumbles in the upper revs in first gear and is just awesome when you hit second. Probably a jetting issue. The Drivetrain which was our biggest question mark seems solid so far.We have to upgrade our air cylinder for the shifter to Co2 because we run out of air quickly. We hope to weigh the car this week. That should be interesting.The NOS thing is just for fun. Something we decided to do when we were despairing ever racing anyone. A fitting that connects the fogger nozzles to the rubber intake manifold is back ordered. In a couple of weeks it will be fully fitted. We will play with it and shortly after a few passes take it off. The pavement is dirty and cold which is a problem and we have a lot of sorting out to do. But so far the car seems good. We are going to a local go-kart track to see if we can test there.
Bryan<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by syoung:

What tyres are you running it on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BryanP
04-21-2005, 04:27 PM
We have weighed the car. It is a portly 440 lbs. wet. Hmm, not good.

What tyres are you running it on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agent4573
04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
440 pounds is lighter than alot of teams that go to michigan....

adrial
04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
440lbs is heavy? What was your goal?

Whats the wheelbase?

Sure wish my highschool did something like this...

SeanM
04-22-2005, 12:24 PM
I joined this group around the beginning of the 2004/2005 school year and i've loved working on this car. I believe we originally wanted to weigh in around 350 or so pounds so 440 is a little more then we wanted. also i'm not 100% but i think it's got a 67" wheel base.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adrial:

Whats the wheelbase?

Sure wish my highschool did something like this... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BryanP
04-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi adrial,
Sorry to take so long to reply to your question.
I began to reply earlier. When I began to respond to our goal weight for the car it led me into writing a review of our entire design process. Building a set for our theatre group has monopolized this weekend. I will complete the design brief and post it with in the next two days.
But to answer your specific questions:
Our wheelbase is 60.5" in keeping with our concept of making the car as small and light as possible within the rules.
The 2001 Raptor quad is listed as weighing 398 lbs. dry. Quite a suspicious number. Yamaha probably even left the air out of the tires to reach that figure. Our goal was to come as close to the weight of the quad as possible while realizing that due to a differential and bodywork, etc. we would be heavier. We wished to weigh in at approx. 410 pounds dry. The engine alone weighed 115 lbs. In our original design we accepted a compromise position for the radiator. Please check the photos of our car. We mounted the rad. behind the engine because by doing that and by careful packaging we could entirely eliminate side pods. We felt that even with the increase in cg. height and inertial effects this was a worthwhile decision. This was in keeping with our design goal of a small, light minimal car. When we decided to add the electro-pneumatic shifter and the Nitrous tank we added the side pods. The left side pod is entirely empty. By removing the wings, side pods, nitrous, and electro- pneumatic shifter we could reduce the weight by approx. 20 pounds in a matter of minutes. Further reductions would involve rather low gain projects such as taking a hole saw to the seat. In serious race trim the car should roll out at 420 lbs. wet. In a rebuilding or redesign of the car we would hope to weigh in just under the 400-pound mark.
Regards
Bryan
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adrial:

Whats the wheelbase?

Sure wish my highschool did something like this... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BryanP
04-25-2005, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:
Bryan

I spoke with you at the UofT Shootout in the fall. I was impressed with you then, for attempting this with HS students, and I applaud you now aswell! Nice work! When FSAE expands to 2 national events, I hope there will be room for you guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim Tway
04-27-2005, 04:16 PM
BryanP,

440 lbs wet is still light, considering you got NOS and other non FSAE weight on the car.

Did you know that the wings need to stay within the envelope of the rear wheels? Or did you not care about that since your not competing? Either way, that rear wing looks so much better hanging off the back of the car instead of crammed into or above the roll bar.

Do your students do any stress calculations for the components on the car? To me what would be cool is learning subjects like statics and stress analysis in high school.

BryanP
04-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi Jim, Thanks for your interest in the car.
There are a couple of issues here so lets deal with the easy one first, the wings. I have read about, analyzed calculations of, and discussed the relative merits of winged autocross cars to the point that I know one thing for certain. I have no idea at all if the wings will help or hinder the car. The only way to know for sure is to test with the wings on and off the car.
We designed our wings so they could be easily removed for testing. My initial impressions are simply that the rear wing is a nuisance to work around when loading or unloading the car. I am also wondering how many pylons we will nick with the front wings that we might otherwise avoid. My gut level sense is that at the parts of the course where down force is most needed, the corners, vehicle speed will be too low to generate much useful down force.
I also know two things about my last statement. Gut level sense is worth diddly squat, and right now you are saying to yourself I asked him about statics and stress level analysis and he is talking about gut level sense. Hmm... kind of answers question two.
Thanks for pointing out about the rear wheel envelope. We do care very much about staying with in the rules.
The second issue is the entire analysis issue, or for me better expressed as " compared to whom"? A fundamental error in our whole project is that all measurements of performance will only be compared to us. Is a one second per lap gain after a days testing a great improvement or were we 5 seconds off the pace of any other Sae car over the same course?
Getting students to develop the ability to properly pre engineer a solution to a design problem is a very tricky and non-linear business. It is also the corner stone of my courses. The technique I use is to introduce a high interest open-ended design challenge. The design challenge has very specific rules. ( rather like Formula Sae). Give the students enough information to get them going. Let them develop a solution and test it in open competition. When their project fails to perform as they had hoped, or better yet wins then they are really ready for serious theoretical analysis.
Yesterday my grade 12 students competed against each other with battle bots they spent the last two months designing and constructing. The bots fight on an open edged elevated platform. Kersplat!! Today the students are ready for the theory that I could never get them interested in a week ago. It is a closed loop process.
With the Sae car the loop is open. I am currently trying to arrange a proper situation that will allow us to test the car. Every facet of actually running the car must be held up to the absolute highest safety, organizational, and insurance standards. Any negative comment, even if totally unfounded could spell the end of the project. My current energies are being expended on this aspect of the project. Until I close the loop this is not a viable long term project. It will be the most challenging task to date.
Next school season we will be able to analyze and develop the car to a much higher level. I sincerely welcome any help that we can get with the project.
Regards
Bryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Tway:
BryanP,

440 lbs wet is still light, considering you got NOS and other non FSAE weight on the car.

Did you know that the wings need to stay within the envelope of the rear wheels? Or did you not care about that since your not competing? Either way, that rear wing looks so much better hanging off the back of the car instead of crammed into or above the roll bar.

Do your students do any stress calculations for the components on the car? To me what would be cool is learning subjects like statics and stress analysis in high school. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Z
04-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Bryan,

You have done an excellent job with the car, and perhaps an even better job with the education of your students!

I sincerely agree with your approach of - challenge/build/test/try-to-figure-out-what-went-wrong-(or-right!)/build-better...

Two quite definitive tests you could do are the FSAE Acceleration and Skid-Pan events. These are clinical affairs, spelled out in the rules, that yield a single "scientific" result - the time. You will be on a different surface to the real FSAE events, but there are enough results from different years and different countries (US, UK and Australia) to give you a good idea of how you rate.

Another test you might try doing is lap times at an accredited go-kart track. You can then compare yourself with the different types of karts, and then see how real FSAE cars rate against those karts (I think the "Design" thread, by Erin, had a reference to FSAE cars vs karts). I suggest comparing with karts because kart types are fairly standardised around the world, whereas I've never seen a "standard autocross" event here in Australia.

Another good "educational" approach you might want to try, perhaps after you have gone head-to-head with some competition, is a computer simulation to find what is really important for FSAE/autocross type conditions. I briefly mentioned this in the "First Year Cars" thread. This is a low cost exercise, suitable for young hackers, that can give some dramatic insights. For instance, my simulations (from many years ago, and to a slightly different problem) suggest cornering-G's (and easy-drivability, to achieve those G's) is by far the most important thing for FSAE conditions. Weight is relatively unimportant, until you add aero-downforce. With aero-downforce low weight (actually low mass) becomes much more valuable. Hence all my hints towards a "brown go-cart" WITH AN AERO UNDERTRAY.

And the undertray is the "magic", but that's another story. I really have to get back to some real work!

Z

BryanP
05-01-2005, 12:20 PM
[The great thing with this forum is when we reach a dead end in our thinking some one will provide fresh insights that get things going again. Your suggestions have led our team to consider some options. The acceleration challenge is very attractive. The thought of developing the car to attempt to set a 0-60 mph. record for formula sae cars is something we would like to do. (We like to set our goals high). The main point that we would have to clarify is whether we would attempt the record with a strictly legal engine or take a blatantly illegal engine and just go for it. My feeling is that once the engine is illegal the results are irrelevant. If a group is going to do that sort of thing they might just as well fit a Hayabusa into it. Hmm...
The second point is establishing just what the current 0 60 mph. acceleration record for a sae car is. I would appreciate any information that anyone could provide me with.
We will pursue the comparison of the Sae car to a shifter kart. Fortunately we own a 125 cc. Shifter kart so that is a natural for us. We have contacted the local kart track to see about testing there and are waiting for the powers that be (the insurance company) to respond.
The second challenge that you bring up is the skidpan challenge. That has opened up an entire range of particularly fascinating options. The first option that we will pursue is to improve our cars performance on the standard skidpan. The second option involves some variation of the under pan train of thought. We certainly have the time to develop something of that nature. Thanks for sharing this. A few years ago Road and Track magazine held a competition to build a car that would develop the most gs on the skid pad. It resulted in some very cool sucker cars. I am not sure what has happened to this competition but I don't think it would be too hard a sell to get a team together to build a car to meet that challenge.
We have just brought the car back from the engine builders. The acceleration is great, the stumble is gone, (I think there is a lesson here somewhere), but the car is over steering. To date we have done no setting up of the suspension. That is now number one priority. We have been busy preparing the car for display at the provincial skills conference on Tuesday. I will post some photos when we return.
Regards
Bryan

QUOTE]Originally posted by Z:
Bryan,

You have done an excellent job with the car, and perhaps an even better job with the education of your students!

I sincerely agree with your approach of - challenge/build/test/try-to-figure-out-what-went-wrong-(or-right!)/build-better...

Two quite definitive tests you could do are the FSAE Acceleration and Skid-Pan events. These are clinical affairs, spelled out in the rules, that yield a single "scientific" result - the time. You will be on a different surface to the real FSAE events, but there are enough results from different years and different countries (US, UK and Australia) to give you a good idea of how you rate.

Another test you might try doing is lap times at an accredited go-kart track. You can then compare yourself with the different types of karts, and then see how real FSAE cars rate against those karts (I think the "Design" thread, by Erin, had a reference to FSAE cars vs karts). I suggest comparing with karts because kart types are fairly standardised around the world, whereas I've never seen a "standard autocross" event here in Australia.

Another good "educational" approach you might want to try, perhaps after you have gone head-to-head with some competition, is a computer simulation to find what is really important for FSAE/autocross type conditions. I briefly mentioned this in the "First Year Cars" thread. This is a low cost exercise, suitable for young hackers, that can give some dramatic insights. For instance, my simulations (from many years ago, and to a slightly different problem) suggest cornering-G's (and easy-drivability, to achieve those G's) is by far the most important thing for FSAE conditions. Weight is relatively unimportant, until you add aero-downforce. With aero-downforce low weight (actually low mass) becomes much more valuable. Hence all my hints towards a "brown go-cart" WITH AN AERO UNDERTRAY.

And the undertray is the "magic", but that's another story. I really have to get back to some real work!

Z[/QUOTE]

Matt Ahl
05-06-2005, 04:20 PM
The second point is establishing just what the current 0 60 mph. acceleration record for a sae car is. I would appreciate any information that anyone could provide me with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3.89 seconds is the fastest accel time to date from what I recall. Set by Ohio State or Cornell (can't remember which) in the late 90's or early 00's. Just remember that this was 0-75 meters and not 0-60 mph.

Garlic
05-06-2005, 05:22 PM
It's important to note that acceleration times are highly condition dependent, and also that the FSAE teams run on a typically cold surface, and only get 2 runs (no multiple runs getting tires very hot and sticky).

We could usually get sub 4s times in practice but the competition was always several tenths slower... for whatever reasons, maybe more than above.

The record is held by Ohio State. If you can get below a 4.0 you are doing very well no matter what the condition.

BryanP
05-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the info Garlic.
We will make a serious effort to see what our one lunger will do for acceleration. We will get a g-meter and start working. To date we have had limited room for acceleration tests and we have been busy sorting out many new car issues. I am pleased to report that the car is reliable and we are spending time on set up and reengineering a couple of parts that we should have thought out a little better first time around.
We have considered using an electric supercharger . Most of the ones on the market are obviously just junk. There is one manufactured under the name E Ram by a company that would seem to offer modest improvements.
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/
I contacted the company. They told me that two formula Sae teams used their product last year. I would appreciate hearing the teams evaluation of the supercharger .
We will keep you posted on our results.
Regards
Bryan
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Garlic:
It's important to note that acceleration times are highly condition dependent, and also that the FSAE teams run on a typically cold surface, and only get 2 runs (no multiple runs getting tires very hot and sticky).

We could usually get sub 4s times in practice but the competition was always several tenths slower... for whatever reasons, maybe more than above.

The record is held by Ohio State. If you can get below a 4.0 you are doing very well no matter what the condition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BryanP
05-18-2005, 07:26 PM
I will be attending the Sae event at the Silverdome Friday and Saturday to plead the case for our team, and to check out the cars and racing.
Good Luck to everybody there.
Bryan

SeanM
08-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Well it's been awhile since the last post here i thought it would be good to keep you guys posted on whats going on.

As of late june we have been out of school for the summer and from that point we where making a video of the car and a couple other little projects, we made good progress working out some of the kinks in the car, our steering problems have been corrected, we stil haven't been able to get our tiptronic system working due to difficulties getting a regulator and contemplating switching to another system. Bryan has takin it to a couple local autocross events and it has been well recieved however some problems surfaced that have been quite troublesome for us, the motor had a slight stalling problem which could have been caused by loose vaccum lines as well as bad valves, also we had an oil leak from a seal around the drive shaft that was causing some braking trouble and because of these three things the motor was pulled in july and so far i have not heard of the progress the local bike shop (community cycle) has made on the engine, last i heard is that they would not do a valve job. and finally on the last meet of the school year we learned that our starting was crapping out on us so a new one set us back a bit but that wasn't a major concern.

Well hopefully this coming year we'll make some good progress and once more we'll try to get into the competition but if we can't compete hopefully we can at least so the car and maybe have it judged

Sean

CMURacing - Prometheus
08-24-2005, 08:08 PM
2 things i just noticed:

1) why are you guys building racecars when there's girls in plaid skirts hanging around? or does the racecar make them stop by ;-)?

2) we have one of those e-ram superchargers. its a fan.

BryanP
08-25-2005, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CMURacing -

2) we have one of those e-ram superchargers. its a fan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks to the kind people from Garrett we will have a turbo on this years car. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif We will also get rid of the electro pnuematic shifter cause with the big single you start in 2nd, quick shift into third and drive.
The starter for the raptor cost $500 to replace. Kind of hard to take when you see the price of GXSR, cbr's, R1' engines on E-bay.
regards
Bryan

Cement Legs
08-25-2005, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim Tway:
BryanP,

QUOTE]

It does look nice everything considered but keep in mind that the reason a lot of cars go over 450-500 lbs is because lighter cars without very accurate FEA dont finish endurance.

SeanM
08-26-2005, 03:44 PM
well looks like our car WAS running again, the motor was fixed and re-installed but unfortunatley it's out of service for a little while at the local autocross event on August 21 our lower driver side control arm broke after an unfortunate meeting with a fairly large bump so we'll have to get a new one made up as soon as school starts for the year

and Prometheus we're building a race car because there is plenty of time for both the girls and the car