PDA

View Full Version : Floating disc design project questionaire.

johnkmac
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Hello everyone,

A little back story; i am part of a design group at Glasgow university and we have been asked to design a floating brake disc for use in formula student. One of the things we need to carry out is a market survey so i was hoping that a few of you could help me by answering the following (short) questionaire if you were theoretically in the market to buy FS suitable brake discs.

Thanks in advance.

1]How much money do you set aside for the disc rotor?

2]Would you be willing to pay more for exotic materials?

3]What hub attachment configuration does your current car use?(eg; 4 bolt, 5 bolt etc)

4]How long would you expect the life expectancy of the product to be??

5]Do you consider aesthetics to be an important factor?

6]Would you benefit from a disc that you could replace particular components.
E.g replacing the brake disc whilst keeping the same disc carrier in a floating disc set up.

My email address is 0602304m@student.gla.ac.uk

Thanks again

johnkmac
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Hello everyone,

A little back story; i am part of a design group at Glasgow university and we have been asked to design a floating brake disc for use in formula student. One of the things we need to carry out is a market survey so i was hoping that a few of you could help me by answering the following (short) questionaire if you were theoretically in the market to buy FS suitable brake discs.

Thanks in advance.

1]How much money do you set aside for the disc rotor?

2]Would you be willing to pay more for exotic materials?

3]What hub attachment configuration does your current car use?(eg; 4 bolt, 5 bolt etc)

4]How long would you expect the life expectancy of the product to be??

5]Do you consider aesthetics to be an important factor?

6]Would you benefit from a disc that you could replace particular components.
E.g replacing the brake disc whilst keeping the same disc carrier in a floating disc set up.

My email address is 0602304m@student.gla.ac.uk

Thanks again