PDA

View Full Version : PetroSun Commercial on ESPN

BamaJeff
01-03-2008, 01:25 AM
During the 2007 PetroSun Independence Bowl a commercial for PetroSun aired 3 times. At the 0:26 mark of the commercial, The University of Alabama formula car makes an appearance in cartoon form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl-NNd5gpv0

Pretty neat, thought I'd share with you guys. Several members of the team were watching the game together and we all were shocked. My phone was lit up like a Christmas tree for the next 20 mins.

BamaJeff
01-03-2008, 01:25 AM
During the 2007 PetroSun Independence Bowl a commercial for PetroSun aired 3 times. At the 0:26 mark of the commercial, The University of Alabama formula car makes an appearance in cartoon form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl-NNd5gpv0

Pretty neat, thought I'd share with you guys. Several members of the team were watching the game together and we all were shocked. My phone was lit up like a Christmas tree for the next 20 mins.

Test Driver
01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
It's not my alma mater but, I noticed there was dynamic footage of the KU FSAE car in the KU spot during the Orange Bowl.

I wonder how many other schools' cars made it to their respective institutions' bowl promotional spots.

BamaJeff
01-05-2008, 01:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Test Driver:
It's not my alma mater but, I noticed there was dynamic footage of the KU FSAE car in the KU spot during the Orange Bowl.

I wonder how many other schools' cars made it to their respective institutions' bowl promotional spots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I didn't notice it, pretty cool though.

The AFX Master
01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
we have a similar anecdote, on 2007 a guy from Timken gave us some advertising flyers and CD's.. I saw an car on the flyer, And was our 2006 car.. "hey dude...now you'll to sponsor us because that image is copyrighted"

Now we are with SKF

Caspar
01-07-2008, 04:38 PM
BamaJeff,

The ad was going on a about carbon neutral stuff yeah? had to keep the sound off as I'm at work.

If so, does that mean your uni is carbon neutral...or your team

BamaJeff
01-07-2008, 11:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caspar:
BamaJeff,

The ad was going on a about carbon neutral stuff yeah? had to keep the sound off as I'm at work.

If so, does that mean your uni is carbon neutral...or your team </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Center for Advanced Vehicle Technologies does a lot of work with alternative fuels. As far as our fsae team, no. I honestly have no clue why they showed what resembles our car. We just thought it was cool.

Charlie
01-09-2008, 08:56 PM
That's really cool!