PDA

View Full Version : help a new team with cam specs

HP4MSU
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey everyone,
We are a new FSAE team from Montana, currently working on our second car. (last year was the first time we got an car built and then raced in Fontana)

I am desperately trying to find specs for the intake cam on a Honda cbr600F4i.
Also if anyone could share some dimensions on the cylinder head itself, I would really appreciate it.
We have not yet acquired the engine, although just yesterday a wrecked F4i was seen sitting in the Montana Highway Patrol's impound yard. Once it is no longer evidence we might be able to get our hands on it.
(Yeah, a new engine would be sweet, but our tiny budget eliminates that option..)
So until that happen, I am at a loss for finding specific dimensions and specs for this motor.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

HP4MSU
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey everyone,
We are a new FSAE team from Montana, currently working on our second car. (last year was the first time we got an car built and then raced in Fontana)

I am desperately trying to find specs for the intake cam on a Honda cbr600F4i.
Also if anyone could share some dimensions on the cylinder head itself, I would really appreciate it.
We have not yet acquired the engine, although just yesterday a wrecked F4i was seen sitting in the Montana Highway Patrol's impound yard. Once it is no longer evidence we might be able to get our hands on it.
(Yeah, a new engine would be sweet, but our tiny budget eliminates that option..)
So until that happen, I am at a loss for finding specific dimensions and specs for this motor.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Chuck Dean
10-16-2006, 11:27 PM
http://www.aperaceparts.com/tech.html