PDA

View Full Version : Optimization problems

Msuhairil
05-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi guys,
I got problem regarding my optimisation input..I cannot generate reasonable result based on opt calculation...
I have set max. Deflection at any nodes not more than 1 mm...
I used BEAM3 elemt type..frame analysis...3 elements..node 1 and node 4 are fixed..only node 2 and 3 have deflection...

Anybody can help me solve my problems...maybe give some codes...

Msuhairil
05-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi guys,
I got problem regarding my optimisation input..I cannot generate reasonable result based on opt calculation...
I have set max. Deflection at any nodes not more than 1 mm...
I used BEAM3 elemt type..frame analysis...3 elements..node 1 and node 4 are fixed..only node 2 and 3 have deflection...

Anybody can help me solve my problems...maybe give some codes...

The AFX Master
05-06-2011, 09:05 AM
What problem? I (we?) donīt get it.

AngryIndian
05-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Msuhairil, you need to elaborate a little more on what problems you are facing.Are you trying to calculate the torsional rigidity of your chassis? Upload screenshots of your work on ANSYS.

Spetsnazos
05-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Whats the question?

I think a picture would help your cause as well.

Cheers

Adambomb
05-07-2011, 05:59 AM
You are correct. Usually when you set up an optimization, assuming it's not one of those trivial one-variable derivative based ones like they show in math class, you will have these problems. Even using the optimization tool in Excel on a simple two variable problem often requires a bit of tweaking to get it to work. That's why it's important to know what's going on "under the hood" so you can tweak initial conditions and optimization parameters to increase your odds of finding a global maximum.

If it were easy, everything would be optimized.