PDA

View Full Version : Jim Russell Racing Schools Major Upgrade

Rob Klyver
03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi all
You may know that Jim Russell Racing Schools has a 12 month, primarily hands on Mechanics Training Program (MTP). For many years I have had ME EE and the occasional AE come here to get real life dirty hands expeirence that a team will respect on your resume. Guys like Joseph Berardi at Yates, Matt Beckman at Newman-Haas, Joe Capelli at HPD, and more recently Adam Banet at Ganassi all came here with an engineering degree and a desire to go racing... and they do.
In 1999 Carroll Smith and I remodeled the MTP and its been good. Now another rebuild is happening. Please see the plans below:

Emotive Group Unveils Plans for
New Jim Russell Racing Schools

Emotive Group, which purchased the Jim Russell Racing Schools from Infineon Raceway three months ago, has unveiled plans to make the school the model of the industry. The new campus will be located trackside at Turn 1 and should be completed by June 1.

Plans for the new school at Infineon Raceway include:
"¢ 14,000 square-foot complex
"¢ Technology Center featuring a theater
"¢ State-of-the-art fleet of carbon-fiber racecars designed for the school."¢ Revolutionary school building design by MK Architecture, which is part of THINK's FROG program (Flexible Response to Ongoing Growth) and are environmentally sympathetic.

Rob Klyver
03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi all
You may know that Jim Russell Racing Schools has a 12 month, primarily hands on Mechanics Training Program (MTP). For many years I have had ME EE and the occasional AE come here to get real life dirty hands expeirence that a team will respect on your resume. Guys like Joseph Berardi at Yates, Matt Beckman at Newman-Haas, Joe Capelli at HPD, and more recently Adam Banet at Ganassi all came here with an engineering degree and a desire to go racing... and they do.
In 1999 Carroll Smith and I remodeled the MTP and its been good. Now another rebuild is happening. Please see the plans below:

Emotive Group Unveils Plans for
New Jim Russell Racing Schools

Emotive Group, which purchased the Jim Russell Racing Schools from Infineon Raceway three months ago, has unveiled plans to make the school the model of the industry. The new campus will be located trackside at Turn 1 and should be completed by June 1.

Plans for the new school at Infineon Raceway include:
"¢ 14,000 square-foot complex
"¢ Technology Center featuring a theater
"¢ State-of-the-art fleet of carbon-fiber racecars designed for the school."¢ Revolutionary school building design by MK Architecture, which is part of THINK's FROG program (Flexible Response to Ongoing Growth) and are environmentally sympathetic.

Frank
03-16-2007, 05:40 PM
how much do they pay?

Rob Klyver
03-19-2007, 07:48 AM
The course fee is $12,000 for the 12 month program.

Frank
03-23-2007, 06:41 AM
that would be a pay cut for most graduates, wouldn't it?

kwancho
03-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Uh, am I missing something? Rob said FEE, as in you pay. Is that right?

JerryLH3
03-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes, you pay because the intent is to train you. Don't you also get seat time in the cars, or am I thinking of something else?

Garlic
03-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Has this always been a 'purchased' position? I always thought in the past that the workers received a paycheck (although it wasn't much).

Quite a deal for the school if they can get their mechanics to pay them!

Kirk Feldkamp
03-23-2007, 06:22 PM
From my knowledge it has always been a paying situation. It's like going to race mechanic school, if you will. The website is pretty good about explaining the whole program:

http://www.jimrussellusa.com/mechanicstraining/mechanics.php