PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Formula Rules???

Stuart
06-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know when the new version of the rulebook will come out so that changing designs can be started??? Or if its already out can someone post a link to the 2005 rules??? Thanks

Stuart
06-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know when the new version of the rulebook will come out so that changing designs can be started??? Or if its already out can someone post a link to the 2005 rules??? Thanks

Rob Davies
06-13-2004, 04:04 PM
I may be wrong but from this years rules i get this.....

6. NOTICE OF POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES FOR THE 2005 FORMULA SAE SERIES
This section is intended to provide teams with advance notice of possible changes to the Formula
SAE Rules which are being considered by the Formula SAE Rules Committee. Only changes
which may have a significant influence on a team's engineering design and manufacturing
decisions are listed. This section is provided only for information and is not intended to be the
final text of the rules under consideration.
For 2005 - No changes that are likely to have a significant impact on the design or fabrication of
cars for the 2005 Formula SAE series have been proposed.

Micah Bayless
07-25-2004, 10:23 PM
How about the 2005 FSAE competition registration date? I can't find the note I scribbled into my phone last May...

Igor
07-25-2004, 11:13 PM
I think there might be a new rule as to how low your side impact protection area may be. This years Delft car was built according to the regulations, the design of this particular area pre-approved by somebody on the rules committee and passed scrutineering, only to hear on Saturday they wouldn't be allowed to drive the endurance the next day unless they added a higher side impact protection that night.
Allthough the timing was a bit unlucky the organisation did have a valid point that the driver was unprotected from a side impact by the other (higher nose) cars. I'm not sure if this was communicated to the FSAE rules committee, but I think the rules for next years Formula Student will be changed to reflect this concern.

Igor

BrianD
07-26-2004, 06:54 AM
someone from SAE, i believe it was kathleen mcdonald, told me it would be early to mid-september when the new rules were posted

simonsuarez
07-28-2004, 10:42 AM
I wrote to SAE and the told me that registration will begin the first monday of october. Does anyone know something else?

Simon Suarez
Equipo FSAE-LUZ
www.fsae-luz.org (http://www.fsae-luz.org)

chinesefonz
09-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Has anyone heard anything more on when registration begins???

I can't seem to find the starting date on the website.

Tire Guy
09-16-2004, 01:20 PM
The new rules are posted. You can download them at http://www.sae.org/students/fsaerules.htm

Registration begins October 4th at 10am.