PDA

View Full Version : CosmosWorks Issues

BamaJeff
11-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Has anyone been able to register their 2008-2009 CosmosWorks successfully? We've tried the SolidWorks helpline who told us to register it as we have in the past. This has not worked for us. If anyone's figured it out, we'd really appreciate the help.

BamaJeff
11-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Has anyone been able to register their 2008-2009 CosmosWorks successfully? We've tried the SolidWorks helpline who told us to register it as we have in the past. This has not worked for us. If anyone's figured it out, we'd really appreciate the help.

J.R.
11-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I had the same problem on my personal computer (as well as COSMotion) but a guy on our team got it working in our shop. I forwarded him the post, so hopefully he'll post and help you out.

Anday
11-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Have you gotten your .lic file?
If so, did you put it in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolidWorks?
We had plenty of issues with getting to go and we pretty much had to hard install Cosmos by exploring the disc for it to work right.
Also, XP or Vista? We've had different issues on each. Issues with XP with the flexLM and issues with Vista, well because it's Vista.

Wes Burk
11-15-2008, 07:05 AM
We got the .lic file and placed it right where it said and it worked. The only thing I remember is that you have to type in the Application Data part in the top of your window (where your file extension is shown) because it doesn't show up unless you do that. I e-mailed cosmos about something and they got back to me pretty quick.