PDA

View Full Version : Haltech E6X with the YFZ 450

Steve O
12-08-2007, 03:18 AM
I was wondering if any of you guys here with experience with the haltech/yfz combination can offer any insight to my issue.

As I am sure you know there are a couple of quirks with using the e6x with the yfz... one of those being that you have to set it to 2 cylinders to get it to trigger correctly. I understand this, since it is a crank position sensor it is firing every 360 and therefore will read twice the rpm if not set to 2 cylinders. What I do not understand is why the ignition has to be set to distributed instead of direct fire. I find it strange that when I change the ignition setting to direct fire the haltech doesn't even give it fuel anymore.

It hasn't been an issue until recently when I wanted to use the auxillary output on it. Unfortunately when it is in distributed mode the haltech sends an ignition signal over the aux out (which they claim overrides any aux out functions and this does seem to be the case!). Am I missing something in the setup? Is there a way to get my aux out back and still keep the car running? I know I could use the PWM channels but I am trying to set up a tach which is voltage sensing, not frequency sensing. On the same note though, the car won't run if I enable the tach on the PWM and I cannot get into the tach properties (I click properties and it shows a blank screen).

If anyone has experienced any similar problems and has a solution, I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

Steve