PDA

View Full Version : New ECU and ignition key assembly: CBR F4i

Jade
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
We are running our car on a stock Honda CBR F4i 2002 ECU. We have a new ECU and ignition key assembly with us. Our ECU uses a HISS. What do we have to do to get the ECU and the key to talk to each other? Do we simply connect them together, or is there some procedure to be followed?

Honda India has no idea, and I am being asked to hold an international line for 30 minutes when I call Honda America.

Am I correct in assuming that I can use my old HISS? As far as I can make out, it is just a "dumb" sensor.

Thank you.

Jade

Jade
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
We are running our car on a stock Honda CBR F4i 2002 ECU. We have a new ECU and ignition key assembly with us. Our ECU uses a HISS. What do we have to do to get the ECU and the key to talk to each other? Do we simply connect them together, or is there some procedure to be followed?

Honda India has no idea, and I am being asked to hold an international line for 30 minutes when I call Honda America.

Am I correct in assuming that I can use my old HISS? As far as I can make out, it is just a "dumb" sensor.

Thank you.

Jade