PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Race Engineering drivetrain

DJHache
09-20-2004, 03:25 PM
We've been building our own drivetrain for the past few years and we've had some issues with our designs. It's also a costly investment in terms of time. We were looking at the Taylor Race drivetrain and I wanted to get some of your feedback on it. Is it worth the cost? Is it easy to integrate into your car?

Thanks

DJHache
09-20-2004, 03:25 PM
We've been building our own drivetrain for the past few years and we've had some issues with our designs. It's also a costly investment in terms of time. We were looking at the Taylor Race drivetrain and I wanted to get some of your feedback on it. Is it worth the cost? Is it easy to integrate into your car?

Thanks

James Waltman
09-20-2004, 04:07 PM
We used their tripod bearings (#2 on this page (http://www.taylor-race.com/pdf/ACF4CC.pdf)) and designed and manufactured all of our stuff around that. There were helpful when we ordered stuff and got us our parts very quickly.

Scotty Young and Craig Taylor have both posted here in the past and been helpful. They were in Detroit this year and they are awesome guys. Mr. Taylor helped us out with some drivetrain problems. Scotty had extra snap rings in his pocket for their bearings and I know he had more spare parts in his car. I know that they helped out several other schools as well (Carleton in know for sure).

Kevin Hayward
09-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Just want to echo what James said.

The Taylor Race guys are really helpful, prompt and have good quality components. You really do get to compare companies when you are halfway around the world. We are sticking with the Taylor Race products we use, namely driveshafts and tripod joints.

Mind you we are now making our own wheel rims ... guess not all service is equal.

Try ringing the company and talking to the guys as I'm sure you'll get the help you need from them.

Kev

Angry Joe
09-21-2004, 06:51 PM
I don't think we ever used them, but if they are as good as they claim and you can afford the considerible cost then go for it. I know a bulletproof drivetrain would help me sleep better at night...

scotty young Taylor Race
10-08-2004, 03:01 PM
I have been out of town and have not had the chance to keep up with this forum.I just ran across this discussion and would like to say thanks for the kind words.Mr.Taylor and I really enjoy working with you guys and look forward to seeing you Detroit next year.If there is anything we can help with ,please give me a shout.

Scotty
scotty@taylor-race.com