PDA

View Full Version : Outboard Instantaneous centre

tarun garg
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
The geometry of the suspension of our car is such that the instantaneous centre is outboard. Most of the cars that we have seen have inboard IC.

What is the parameter that decides where IC should be located?

What would be difference in the dynamics of the car when the IC is inboard and outboard?

Tarun Garg
Team Fateh

tarun garg
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
The geometry of the suspension of our car is such that the instantaneous centre is outboard. Most of the cars that we have seen have inboard IC.

What would be difference in the dynamics of the car when the IC is inboard and outboard?

Tarun Garg
Team Fateh

exFSAE
03-09-2009, 11:26 AM
You, are the parameter that dictates where you want the IC.

Personally I don't care if the IC is inboard or outboard. It will change your camber curves, at a minimum. You get to figure out to what extent, and if it's what you want the tire to do.

vandit
03-12-2009, 04:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tarun garg:

Tarun Garg
Team Fateh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you definitely need some book reference ... mail me our id at vandit_goyal@yahoo.com ... i have couple of pdf's over basic race car engineering ... i will fwd them to you ...