PDA

View Full Version : J829 – Fuel Tank Filler Cap and Cap Retainer

Maga
04-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi guys! I'm new in this Forum, i'm looking for the Standard J829 – Fuel Tank Filler Cap and Cap Retainer, i was looking in all the topics and i didn't found it so i preferred to ask for it! i hope someone has it and could send it to me by e-mail or just posting where can i find it! Thank you for your help! Regards from Venezuela! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Maga
04-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi guys! I'm new in this Forum, i'm looking for the Standard J829 – Fuel Tank Filler Cap and Cap Retainer, i was looking in all the topics and i didn't found it so i preferred to ask for it! i hope someone has it and could send it to me by e-mail or just posting where can i find it! Thank you for your help! Regards from Venezuela! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dash
04-04-2011, 05:16 AM
h t t p : / / standards.sae.org/j829_200508/

google is your friend.

Michael Royce
04-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Maga,
I take it you are from Bogota, Colombia. Do you have an SAE Student Chapter at you university? If you do, you might be able to get copy of the standard through your Faculty Advisor. If not, you will have to go another route. If you register for a US competition, you can get the standards free of charge, (they normally cost about $65). If you are going to register for the Brazilian competition, I suggest you contact SAE Brazil. Ronaldo Bianchini down there might be able to help. Good luck.

Maga
04-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Actually i'm a member of the Formula Sae ULA team in Merida Venezuela (Universidad de los Andes), so here is thing: we are a new team working for the 2012 competition and i would love to get all the Standards related to the Formula SAE because in the rules says that we have to be registered in order to get those Standards but as you already know, we are working for the 2012 hehehe!!. I hope someone could send them to me to my e-mail address or post the link! Thank you guys!

Regards from Venezuela!

Michael Royce
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Maga,
Two points. Firstly, you do not need any SAE Standards to build a FSAE car. Secondly, there is no "link" to them. SAE charges money for them. That is the only way they can cover the cost of publishing them. The only reason they can now be obtained free by CDS teams is that the SAE’s Education Board and Technical Standards Board want students to be aware that they exist. Everyone else has to pay to get them!