PDA

View Full Version : WR 450 Gear Ratios

Schulberg J
07-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know the individual gear ratios inside the transmission for the Yamaha WR 450, both the quad versions and the bike versions? Also primary and secondary gear reductions if any and what their ratios they are?

jason

Schulberg J
07-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know the individual gear ratios inside the transmission for the Yamaha WR 450, both the quad versions and the bike versions? Also primary and secondary gear reductions if any and what their ratios they are?

jason

Big Bird
07-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Will advise when we get back to Melbourne next week.

Cheers

ben
07-13-2004, 11:36 AM
This seems to have the info required:

http://yz450f.yme.com/pages/default.htm

Ben

Chris Boyden
07-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Here's the spec's from that site.

Type
Liquid cooled, 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC 5 valves
Displacement 449 cm3
Bore and Stroke 95.0 x 63.4 mm
Compression ratio 12.5:1
Max. Power N.A.
Max. Torque N.A.
Lubrication Dry sump
Fuel supply Carburettor (FCR39H)
Clutch type Wet, multiple disc
Ignition C.D.I.
Starting system Kick
Transmission Constant mesh, 4 speed
Final transmission Chain
Gear ratio 1 1.929
Gear ratio 2 1.563
Gear ratio 3 1.278
Gear ratio 4 1.05
Primary reduction ratio 2.818
Secundary reduction ratio 3.357

Um...there's one really important thing that this engine seems to be lacking. Anybody?

Maybe the quad version has it?

Clay Corbett
07-13-2004, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Um...there's one really important thing that this engine seems to be lacking. Anybody?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're talking about an electric starter, the wr450f engine has it, but the yz450f does not. The wr450f also has a 5th gear.

Big Bird
07-13-2004, 01:03 PM
The WR electric start bolts onto the YZ engine, from what I can see, but you need the WR rotor cover casing and a few gears and stuff - could be quite expensive.

The WR450 is a five speed, and I think the YFZ450 ATV is as well, but from the parts listings I have they are different gear ratios. I'll check all this when I get home, probably Monday next week.

Cheers all

MikeWaggoner at UW
07-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Anyone got a dyno chart for it? I looked around on the net a bit and couldn't find one.

Denny Trimble
07-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Here's a "half throttle" run off this website:
http://www.cyclecost.com/shopping/powernow/power_now_dyno.htm

http://www.cyclecost.com/shopping/powernow/images/dynocharts.gif

You could scale it up to whatever you expect the peak power to be. YMMV http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, it's a CRF 450, I don't have a clue how that compares to the WR450.

Chris Boyden
07-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Wasn't somebody getting ~70 hp out one of these engines...seems like a great hp/weight ratio!
How much do these weigh? I think the F4i weighs in at 120lbs, can't remember if this was wet or dry. Anybody got a torque curve to share?
Also, Is the WR450 a dirt bike?

ben
07-15-2004, 11:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clay Corbett:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Um...there's one really important thing that this engine seems to be lacking. Anybody?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're talking about an electric starter, the wr450f engine has it, but the yz450f does not. The wr450f also has a 5th gear. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm assuming that if the YZ450F doesn't have an electric starter, the CDI ignition is magneto driven rather than running off the battery?

Ben

Schulberg J
07-17-2004, 11:51 PM
thanks for the help.

jason

Rev Hard
09-23-2008, 07:22 AM
We urgently need CAD model and manual of Yamaha WR 450.
If you can help please mail me at dcemech89@gmail.com

Suriya Ganapathy
12-16-2013, 12:40 AM
need cad model of wr450 engine............ its urgent , power and torque graph

Big Bird
12-16-2013, 05:41 AM
A lack of planning, or manners, on your behalf does not create any sense of urgency on mine.

Pat Clarke
12-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Well said Geoff, like you I am thoroughly fed up with this lack of respect and unrealistic expectations!

Cheers

Pat

coleasterling
12-16-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm not really sure what it is.

Mbirt
12-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Google 101 should be added to the Indian engineering curriculum. I found a complete WR450f powertrain design for you in less than one minute of searching: http://edge.rit.edu/content/P13222/public/Detailed%20Design

You'll also find almost every detail of my 3 years of WR450f development with some googling. Merry Christmas.

Claude Rouelle
12-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Suriya,

Who are you? Don't you think it would be worth to introduce yourself?

Who gave you the right to be so entitled and demanding? Who do you think that the participants of this forum are? Your servants?

Another appalling, sad example of India.... You can lack academic education, that is fine, you need to start somewhere but you cannot lack a minimum of politeness.

Is there anybody there to teach Indian students manners and give them a glimpse of the courteous language with which people communicate in most of the countries in the world?

Ray19
12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
I can tell you guys that it is a lot more disheartening for some of us Indians than it is for you. We try to make a good name for ourselves in the FS world and then see something like this. As sad as it is, coleasterling is right in saying that the mindset here is a lot different. Most people graduating are used to getting spoon fed stuff and don't get out of that culture but it is no excuse for such behavior here. You can always learn. When I had joined the team I was told not to post in the beginning and just go through a lot of the posts. Other than gaining knowledge it allowed me to learn the etiquette and even though it might not have been ideal I am thankful for it. We still tell our juniors to properly research and formulate their own opinions on topics before posting here or even asking questions to us. It is one of the more important things I have learnt from FS other than making a car. I would really suggest a "Read this before posting" thread to get rid of such posts.

Ray19
12-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Just saw that there is such a post by Mechanicaldan. That makes it even more disheartening.

Big Bird
12-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi Sidhant,

The thing about leadership is that you start by plotting a different direction to the current of popular opinion or custom. It can be bloody exhausting swimming against the flow, and as long as you keep your eyes forward you might only see those being swept in the other direction. Take a look behind every now and then - you might find that you are gathering some followers of your own.

Don't be disheartened mate - you are doing a damn good job!

Cheers,

Geoff