PDA

View Full Version : Motec or aftermarket ecu on a aprilia sxv engine

Seb@NLR
05-23-2008, 05:17 AM
So been reading up on it and saw alot of interest but none that seemed to ever be confirmed.

Has anyone completed the installation using a motec/alternate ecu and has a running engine?

Thanks,
sebastian/NLR

Seb@NLR
05-23-2008, 05:17 AM
So been reading up on it and saw alot of interest but none that seemed to ever be confirmed.

Has anyone completed the installation using a motec/alternate ecu and has a running engine?

Thanks,
sebastian/NLR

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
05-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi Sebastion,

UTA ran one of our systems with the Aprilla this year.

Davidimurray
05-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey Seb

How are things, sorry I ain't been in touch recently, busy playing with engines!

Auburn are succesfully running an M400 on their SXV and we have been working closely with them to get ours up and running. We are very close now and the starting is getting better and a lot more reliable. Drop me an email if you've got any questions.

Finally I would just like to say an enormous thank you to Austin and all the guys over at Auburn who have been helping us get our engine going. They have been fantastic and without them we wouldn't be as far along as we are.

Cheers

Dave Murray
Cardiff Racing

Seb@NLR
05-23-2008, 10:59 AM
auburn?? As in war eagles? Im right down the street. Great!!! Im all ears LOL!!

Davidimurray
05-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Seb, yup, that's them, contatc details sent by email to you. How are you getting on with the superkart?

Brian, do you happen to know if UTA ran a cam sensor?

Cheers

Dave

Seb@NLR
05-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks David.
I had the pleasure of speaking with Brian this morning. UTA did not run a cam sensor they ran a batch fire set up.

Brian's ecu's and software as well as his willingness to work with custom set ups makes his packaging very promising!