PDA

View Full Version : Torsional stiffness calculations soldiwokrs

ERT
04-08-2008, 05:21 AM
gday,
Just wondering i understand the way of calculating the stiffness, im using solidwokrs and cosmos, is there a way to get solidworks to calculate it for you. im thinkn i have to use the probe and sensor stuff but not sure how they work properly. any help will be good thanks.

ERT
04-08-2008, 05:21 AM
gday,
Just wondering i understand the way of calculating the stiffness, im using solidwokrs and cosmos, is there a way to get solidworks to calculate it for you. im thinkn i have to use the probe and sensor stuff but not sure how they work properly. any help will be good thanks.

Fyhr
04-08-2008, 06:06 AM
try modelling the frame in your FEA analysis as node to node beam elements. Solids will be very difficult to handle properly.

Mike Macie
04-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Solidworks 07 can do it for you if your frame is drawn up as straight members and if you use beam elements. I believe there is a tutorial on how to do it.

The 08 version lets you apply beam elements to curved members.

ERT
04-09-2008, 12:24 AM
all of that part is fine i am doing beam analysis but how do u get he results of like vertical deflection at specific points to analyse the actuall degress of twist. do u just have to probe each point every time and transfer them across into something else to calculate .thanks

exFSAE
04-09-2008, 06:07 AM
I believe so.