PDA

View Full Version : Aim Sports - CAN Bus info

formula_wally
08-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Hi Guys, aim hasn't been to responsive to me in my search for its implementation on the CAN bus they include in some of their loggers (MXL, EVO, etc...)

Has any of the electricals out there spent time trying to connect and pull some of the info out of the mailboxes, or plain out understand the physical layers they set for each channel the unit is logging?

Sorry if this is a confussing question, someone should know what I am talking about.

BeaverGuy
08-04-2006, 09:05 AM
I haven't tried to interact with the AIM CAN bus but have looked into their use. I think I remember the ECU compatability list and connectivity manual for the MXL series having a fairly detailed explanation and graphics of the I/O. I might be wrong but it would be a place to start if you haven't looked allready.

dkattan
08-11-2006, 11:41 PM
I haven't screwed around too much with CAN, other than make a circuit board that should be compatible. I don't know how interested you guys are on making it follow OBD II protocols, but if you are, check out www.elmelectronics.com (http://www.elmelectronics.com)

they have chips on their that do the dirty work for you.

Here's the board I made:
...http://tigerracing.lsu.edu/images/Circuit001.jpg

I have yet to test it, but on the board I made, I use PIC 18F248's that have CAN built in, and you just use a MCP2551 to do the level conversion.

I personally have been working with Honda's One wire K-line protocol, it is really easy to implement.

If you guys want more info on the board, let me know. There are a few missing traces on this one, but in the next revision it'll be right.

EfiOz
08-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Are you looking for a specific ECU's data stream info?

formula_wally
08-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Yes, more so with the layers that the AIM units use, and if we can get extract the information of the can bus

Ive worked lots with ODBII, and ISO1914 back in the days of hacking my bosch motronic Me7.5. Those standards are nice, if you are using generic hardware. Since were making our own, a quick and dirty can connection is all I am using

EfiOz
08-19-2006, 03:00 AM
I don't htink the AIM actually transmits any info of it's own, it only reads whatever info it's setup to grab from an existing packet structure.

What ECU are you looking for. We've got a few hacked here that I might be able to help you with.

formula_wally
08-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Oh the Me7.5 is for my Jetta, I was trying to write into the boost table area, but the checksum scheme in it was too much for me to handle, along with being a student, and running in formula. I have no time for that anymore.

I more or less just want to use the an Aim MXL as a slave, and collect the info on the measures values of all 12 channels.

niko89
02-29-2012, 01:30 AM
someone has info about motec m400/800 ECU data stream CAN and telemetry ??

coastertrav
02-29-2012, 08:19 AM
I have the base CAN protocol for the AIM if that's what you are looking for, although the AIM just reads off the CAN line, doesn't write to it.

PM me if you are interested.

Drew Price
02-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by topgun989:

Did you try MoTec tech support? They are extremely helpful and there is lots of documentation they can put you in touch with. Part of the high price tag for MoTec components gets you their very experienced tech support guys as a lifeline.

Ben K
03-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Drew Price:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by topgun989:

Did you try MoTec tech support? They are extremely helpful and there is lots of documentation they can put you in touch with. Part of the high price tag for MoTec components gets you their very experienced tech support guys as a lifeline. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MoTeC has webinars about CAN buses: www. motec. com/ webinars/ webinararchive/

Ben

Cardriverx
03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
You can configure what the ECU outputs over the CAN bus to a certain extent, and telem is a whole nother thing. What exactly are you looking for? I am an intern with MoTeC right now, so call/email the east coast office and ill see what I can do.

Originally posted by niko89: