PDA

View Full Version : Claude Rouelle's Formula Student Seminar in Tallinn Estonia Feb 7-10

Risto
01-21-2008, 06:32 AM
TTU/TTK Formula Student team will organize 4 days Formula Student Seminar in Feb 7-10 (Thursday-Sunday), presented by FSAE judge, experienced race car engineer and OptimumG consulting company owner Claude Rouelle. Claude's 3 day, 12 day and FSAE/Formula Student seminars have been very popular around the world and have got very good feedback from participants. Seminar clients have been MoTec, Ferrari, DaimlerChrysler, Toyota F1 etc
Look more from: http://optimumg.com/

The topics that would be covered in the seminar:

Tires
Aerodynamics
Kinematics
Steady State Weight Transfer
Shocks, Ride and Transient Weight Transfer
Data Acquisition
Car Design, Tuning Modifications and Chassis Setup

It would be very intense 4 days and to let Claude know what topics should be covered the most, each team will give a short presentation at the beginning of the seminar about their car design and let Claude know what topics are they more interested in. It would be about 600 slides to cover in 4 days.

The price for 4 days is 280 EUR per person for students (800 EUR for professionals). For registering email risto.koiv@mail.ee or call +372 56 577 911. Some of European top teams have already registered!

Rooms at Tallinn University of Technology academic hostel would be available. For the seminar participants they offer very good discount - 1 night is about 27 EUR per room (room for 2, so 13.5 EUR per person), but you have to let me know how many rooms you need, that I could book them early enough for you.

Here is your chance to spend 4 days with Claude Rouelle before you begin designing, building and testing your next car!

PS. If you would like to get more information about Tallinn, then go to http://www.tourism.tallinn.ee/eng

js10coastr
01-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Will Risto provide snow driving lessons at the seminar?

Risto
01-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Hi Justin
"Will Risto provide snow driving lessons at the seminar?"
- We planned snowdriving for nights, if we have enough snow... We have many Finns and Swedish coming to the seminar, so I'm not sure who is going to give a lesson to who http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HenningO
01-27-2008, 02:38 AM
Risto, how many people are coming?

What about this presentation of each team's car that was mentioned in earlier e-mail?

What time will the seminar start on the thursday? Our ferry will get in at 10.00!

Risto
01-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by HenningO:
Risto, how many people are coming?

What about this presentation of each team's car that was mentioned in earlier e-mail?

What time will the seminar start on the thursday? Our ferry will get in at 10.00!

HenningO, are you from KTH?

So far we have registered members from 6 Formula Student teams + random students and professionals.

The seminar will start each day at 8AM and lasts until 7:30PM, except on Sunday until 6PM. If there would be a lot of questions, then it could last longer.

So if you want to be at the seminar from the beginning, you probably have to come to Tallinn on previous day.

The teams presentations would happen probably on the first day after lunch, but I will send you a detailed timetable soon. We expect the presentations to be about 15 minutes long followed by the questions and open discussion up to 15 minutes for each team.

HenningO
01-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I'm from KTH.

We won't be able to get there earlier. Is the uni close to port?

Risto
01-28-2008, 11:25 PM
The university is about 15 - 20 minutes by a car.