PDA

View Full Version : FSAE-A Teams : Final Year Paper Request

Kirby
08-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if any AU teams would be interested in sharing any final year engineering papers (from any year) they have written on team/project management with respect to FSAE.

As anyone involved in this area might know published works are a little light on and I'm looking for further reading to assist in the supplement of my own honours thesis.

Any discussion or references of any work that I receive will be credited to both the team and the author. Furthermore I'll be happy to share my final report with anyone looking for a read.

Payment is beer at the after-party this year.

you can email me at kirby [dot] nankivell at gmail dot com

Kirby
08-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if any AU teams would be interested in sharing any final year engineering papers (from any year) they have written on team/project management with respect to FSAE.

As anyone involved in this area might know published works are a little light on and I'm looking for further reading to assist in the supplement of my own honours thesis.

Any discussion or references of any work that I receive will be credited to both the team and the author. Furthermore I'll be happy to share my final report with anyone looking for a read.

Payment is beer at the after-party this year.

you can email me at kirby [dot] nankivell at gmail dot com

Chris B
08-03-2011, 05:43 AM
hey Kirby,

is there anything specific about team/project management in the FSAE context you're after or just anything that may be relevant?

Michael Royce
08-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Kirby,
Go to the official SAE web site at:
http://students.sae.org/compet...series/resources.htm (http://students.sae.org/competitions/formulaseries/resources.htm)

There are two very good papers on team management there.

Kirby
08-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Hey Mike,

I'm quite familiar with Golembiewski and Gruners Work.

In addition to this, I've read numerous SAE papers on the topic and Geoff Pearsons published paper on the topic.

These have all been cited and form the basis of some of my work already.

I just wanted to read some papers from other Australian Universities to broaden my understanding of the various approaches in team management. My focus is more on the co-ordination of students; timelines, structure, motivation etc as opposed to the engineering side of the project.