PDA

View Full Version : Haltech E11v2 help

spencer harp
11-12-2007, 07:47 PM
does anyone have any information on setting this up on a 2005 gsxr 600. The engine i have has the 24-2 crank wheel and i was curious if anyone had any base maps that i can start from. If you have a map for any 600 engine that would be great. Our team only has five members dedicated to the function of the kart. And this engine management seems to be taking alot of time to get set up. We are planning to use the stock sensors and injectors and coils off the 05. Any tips tricks and maps would be appreciated. At this time we dont have access to a dyno and a street tune is as good as its gonna get. I know im not going to be able to run just any tune but a base tune with the sensor parameters and the basic fuel curve would greatly cut down the setup time and as we all know time is running out. Thanks for all your help and i will be glade to share my final map and help out any way i can.

What size is the 05 injectors
will the e11 drive the stock coils if so how
how do i set it up to read the crank trigger
the stock one is 24-2
Does anyone have a manual for the 05 gsxr

Scott Borg
11-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Have you tried reading the E11v2 documentation or contacting Haltech? I think that is where I would start. tIf you still have questions after that, ry googling for what you're looking for. I googled "haltech e11v2 crank trigger setup" and found quite a few pages that seemed helpful.

www.google.com (http://www.google.com) is your friend... if you search effectively you can find results much faster than waiting for people to read and respond to your questions.

spencer harp
11-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Scott Borg appreciate the help and i have looked around the web way before i jumped on here. I emailed haltech and they said the 24-2 wont work with the haltech e11. But in prior research i read that somone got it to work.

SO
Haltech says it wont work
FSAE said it will
HOW????
there is no articles that i have found that tell you how to set the 24-2 up in haltech there are several threads about how to set one up in megasquirt and similar programs but none partain directly to haltech. Trust me you dont have to tell me to do my homework. GOOGLE SUCKS

civicsit
11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
So is it a 24 tooth trigger wheel on the crank with a 2 trigger home on the cam? Does the crank trigger have any missing or elongated teeth? How are the home triggers put on the cam, 180deg. apart?

I've had some experience setting these up, so I may be able to help you out if I know what your exact trigger setup is.

spencer harp
11-19-2007, 05:28 PM
24 -2 crank trigger i think the missing teeth are 180 apart but im not sure i will tear into the engine next week. I will let you know for sure as soon as i put my eyes on it. The picture in the manual looks like its missing two side by side but i read somewhere on here that the missing teeth are 180 apart. Once i figure out the trigger its all down hill from there. I imported a base map from the PE tuning software. Thanks for your help.

BryanH
11-20-2007, 04:13 AM
24-2 means 24 evenly spaced teeth, except 2 are removed leaving 22 and a gap, usually around 90 degrees before tdc which tells the ecu that approx 2 tooth counts later the crank is at 60 degrees btdc cyl 1+4.
E11 will work with 36-2 and 60-2 but NOT 24-2!
Ebay it and get a Motec M400
Cheers

RMIT fan club

civicsit
11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Yea, sorry to say, but Bryan is right. The E11 will not do a 24-2 wheel. Our stock kawasaki was a 12-1 that we had to convert to a 12 tooth with a home on the cam. You could always try that, but it may be worth the money and time you would save by going with something else.

spencer harp
11-20-2007, 12:34 PM
The haltech is a loaner and i cant ebay it, but an 03 gsxr 600 runs a 12-1 trigger wheel i think. I will try to put my hands on one this weekend. If i get one do i just set the trigger to custom and for the number of teeth put 12? What do i need to do about the home signal. I know i can get it from the cam but how do you set it up in haltech.

civicsit
11-20-2007, 11:50 PM
You can't use the 12-1 tooth trigger wheel, haltech doesn't have trigger setups for it. We got a 12 tooth wheel laser cut for us, then put in a home signal on the cam. With this setup we use a 24+1 full sync, because the haltech will see 24 triggers between each home signal. This setup also allows you to do direct ignition if you are wired for it.

BeaverGuy
11-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Karl,

Definitely off topic but how are you running the drysump with this trigger wheel setup?

civicsit
11-21-2007, 08:04 AM
In place of the water pump using a longer shaft to drive the dry sump.

Steve O
11-24-2007, 02:13 AM
If the EV11v2 is anything like our E6x it is compatible with hall effect sensors. Therefore you should have a cheaper and possibly faster solution, put a hall effect sensor on the crank with a home signal on the cam. You can do it without the home signal but its a slightly bigger pain... for instance, we have to set up our 1 cylinder as a 2 cylinder with our haltech because it looks for the home signal otherwise

There is a guy from Haltech...Matt.I think he is in the CA office... I will see if I can find his number (You will know that you are talking to the right guy when he talks with an AU accent). He knows the haltech inside and out and is experienced with setting them up for FSAE motors, if it is possible, he will know how to do it.

Good luck!

Steve-O

http://www.haltech.com/halleffectsensor.htm
this will function as both a trigger and a home signal and I believe you can install it on the cam or crank. For 150 bucks its a lot cheaper than a new ECU, just make sure you have a suitable place to mount a hall effect sensor before you drop the money.

civicsit
11-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Maybe just personal preference, but from experience I would recommend staying away from halleffect sensors. They are not meant to be in hot oil baths, and we have had multiple problems with them going out on us and killing our engine. We used to use the setup that steve O explained, but have now switched due to the reliability issues with the halleffect sensors. And at $150, they aren't as expensive as an ecu, but they aren't cheap either.

Steve O
12-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Fair enough! I will admit I have had no reason to use them a whole lot and test for failutre. Thanks for the additional info!

Steve