PDA

View Full Version : Springs

Mj
01-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I am currently looking for springs for the University of Maryland 2005 formula car. We are using Ohlins ST-44 shocks with 2" I.D. spring perches. The Ohlins distributor suggested we have custom springs wound. Could anyone suggest spring winding companies that they have had success with in the past or companies that might carry stock springs with appropriate spring rates (70 lb/in & 140 lb/in) and free length (6 in)?

-Mark

Mj
01-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I am currently looking for springs for the University of Maryland 2005 formula car. We are using Ohlins ST-44 shocks with 2" I.D. spring perches. The Ohlins distributor suggested we have custom springs wound. Could anyone suggest spring winding companies that they have had success with in the past or companies that might carry stock springs with appropriate spring rates (70 lb/in & 140 lb/in) and free length (6 in)?

-Mark

BStoney
01-31-2005, 12:38 PM
We used Renton Coil Spring last year to get our custom wound springs. I believe they are out of Washington.

They are pretty expensive (titantium), but they offer a 20% discount if I remember correctly. However, just depends on the amount of $$ you have to spend, obviously.

RCS - Renton Coil Spring
http://www.coilspring.com/
(425) 255-1453