PDA

View Full Version : the guy at FSAE who...

Homemade WRX
05-23-2006, 12:54 PM
The day of endurance there was a guy going from team to team showing/trying to sell his electro-pneumatic paddle shifter. Anyhow, we are interested in buying it for testing but lost his contact info. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it.
He also mentioned that he use to do FSAE but don't recall what school he said.
Thanks, Micah

Homemade WRX
05-23-2006, 12:54 PM
The day of endurance there was a guy going from team to team showing/trying to sell his electro-pneumatic paddle shifter. Anyhow, we are interested in buying it for testing but lost his contact info. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it.
He also mentioned that he use to do FSAE but don't recall what school he said.
Thanks, Micah

Bryan Hagenauer
05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
You're probably thinking of Dave Cook of Paradigm Motorsports http://www.paradigmmotorsports.com/

He is a Cal Poly Pomoma alumni. We use some of his stuff ourselves.

Homemade WRX
05-23-2006, 02:36 PM
yep, that's him...he did have his prototype paddle shift system with him though...funny he hasn't updated his site.

JerryLH3
05-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Oooh, Paradigm now has a paddle shifter? Or maybe they always have and we just didn't use it. We used their pneumatic shifter this year with some buttons we wired in.

drivetrainUW-Platt
05-24-2006, 12:13 PM
I really didn't like there system.
He couldn't give me any numbers on piston travel or force on the shift lever. The paddles weren't where the drivers hands would hold on to the steering wheel either. It seemed to have many parts that could make ther way loose, I'm not sold.