PDA

View Full Version : chassis design

dean
12-12-2011, 02:40 AM
i have question regarding to my fyp(final year project).im working on chassis sae design.how many mounting point of cbr 600rr and what is the best position of the engine on the chassis? is it like on motorcycle itself or what? Can somebody tell me..

dean
12-12-2011, 02:40 AM
i have question regarding to my fyp(final year project).im working on chassis sae design.how many mounting point of cbr 600rr and what is the best position of the engine on the chassis? is it like on motorcycle itself or what? Can somebody tell me..

Merrild
12-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi Dean.

The cbr 600rr (2007 model) has 4 mounting point on each side. They are all holes parallel to the crankshaft.

You would go for a low center of gravity, so place it low. The standard crankcase on cbr 600rr is rather tall. It can reduced to a height of 60 mm (maybe more), if care for proper oil-flow is taken. Our team has archived this by cutting of the bottom, of the standard crankcase, and welding in a new bottom plate. The new bottom plate has channels for managing the oil-flow while cornering.

Good luck with the project.

dean
12-18-2011, 01:57 AM
thanks merrildb for the info..really appreciate this..http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif