PDA

View Full Version : ansys simulation

dsn24
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I am currently doing full car simulations for my fsae team using ansys cfx and in this regard i would like someone to help me with the few setup parameters listed below:

1) turbulence model
2) maximum timescale factor to be used(if it all used) in global initialisation
3) ground roughness (i generally consider 1 mm roughness for concrete road)
4) reference static pressure

all the simulations are being done using 35mile/hr inlet velocity and all other boundaries being set as openings with the same
velocity

hoping for a positive reply

dsn24
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I am currently doing full car simulations for my fsae team using ansys cfx and in this regard i would like someone to help me with the few setup parameters listed below:

1) turbulence model
2) maximum timescale factor to be used(if it all used) in global initialisation
3) ground roughness (i generally consider 1 mm roughness for concrete road)
4) reference static pressure

all the simulations are being done using 35mile/hr inlet velocity and all other boundaries being set as openings with the same
velocity

hoping for a positive reply

whiltebeitel
12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Go look at the slides on FSG's website from the seminar they held, GFS has a presentation of Aerodynamics and CFD. I believe they used a k-e tubulence model.

CameronBeaton
12-05-2011, 12:13 AM
1. Depends on the computing power you have available (k-e is probably the best bet for accuracy and time)
2. Search for stability criterion because its a function of your msh size
3. I would have thought not important as the air is static to the ground in general and there are much bigger sources of error that I wouldn´t worry about this (someone whos actually done this for an FSAE car might say different)
4. Atmospheric surely?

dsn24
12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
whiltebeitel..which website are you talking about? can you tell it clearly?

whiltebeitel
12-05-2011, 01:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dsn24:
whiltebeitel..which website are you talking about? can you tell it clearly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.formulastudent.de/a...0111029-beg-abstatt/ (http://www.formulastudent.de/academy/workshops/20111029-beg-abstatt/)

You need a login, but it's free to register and look at the presentations.