PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Wheel Mounting (gixxer, f4i, r6)

magicweed
10-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Given that these are the most well represented 4 cylinders at competition, how tough is it to mount the crank trigger wheel for the Performance Electronics ECU on each engine. I have experience with the gixxer and R6, but I'm wondering about the Honda. I know the R6 is far easier to mount the trigger wheel on than the gixxer, because theres no need to diasemble the motor and remove the timing chain, like you do with the gixxer. Any input would be helpful.

~Stan

magicweed
10-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Given that these are the most well represented 4 cylinders at competition, how tough is it to mount the crank trigger wheel for the Performance Electronics ECU on each engine. I have experience with the gixxer and R6, but I'm wondering about the Honda. I know the R6 is far easier to mount the trigger wheel on than the gixxer, because theres no need to diasemble the motor and remove the timing chain, like you do with the gixxer. Any input would be helpful.

~Stan

Agent4573
10-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Like you said, the actual mounting of the trigger wheel in the r6 takes about 5 minutes. You have to remove like 5 bolts from an engine cover, and then one more bolt holding the trigger wheel in.

Chris Boyden
10-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Honda F4i is about the same as an R6. Pretty easy.

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
10-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Since we're on this topic again, I would like to get some feedback. We want to deveop a database of stock trigger patterns (cam and crank) for as many of the FSAE engines as possible. We know already what the Honda F2, F3, F4 and F4i are like as well as the older R6 and GSXR600 engines. What we don't have information for is the newer fuel injected Yamahas and Suzuki motors as well as any other non-traditional engines. We would like to incorporate as many of these stock patterns into our next ECU as possible. Thanks.

magicweed
10-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Last year we used a 2003 GSXR, so if thats new enough to warrant inclusion, then I might be able to get you the trigger wheel pattern. If we end up using a newer EFI R6 this year, I'll let you know as well Brian. Thanks for all the help last year prior to competition. The long weekends with you on speakerphone so our "advisor" could ask questions while we implemented your suggestions really helped out a great deal.

~Stan
UNH Precision Racing