PDA

View Full Version : Rubricon Halfshaft Dimensions

Conor
10-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Can anyone provide me with the major outer diameter of the CV boot (inboard) of the Honda Rubricon halfshafts? We're still waiting on money to order the parts and the local bike shop doesn't like us crawling under their ATVS. If anyone has a model, that would be even better yet. Thanks in advance.

Conor
10-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Can anyone provide me with the major outer diameter of the CV boot (inboard) of the Honda Rubricon halfshafts? We're still waiting on money to order the parts and the local bike shop doesn't like us crawling under their ATVS. If anyone has a model, that would be even better yet. Thanks in advance.

drivetrainUW-Platt
10-26-2006, 05:19 AM
go to another dealership, if you are buying parts from them they shouldnt care what kind of poking around you do, if anything its getting them more business by you seeing things you want to buy.

Conor
10-26-2006, 11:33 AM
You know, I thought the same thing. But apparently they don't see student projects as possible customers (this one baffles me). Either way, I'll figure it out. Sure would be nice if catalogs had basic dimenions.

drivetrainUW-Platt
10-27-2006, 05:39 AM
We have some on our car, what exactly do you want to know, I a confused at what dimension you are looking for.

Conor
10-27-2006, 09:04 AM
What I'm looking for is the major diamater of the inboard CV boot. Essentially, I'm trying to build a tube that the entire CV assembly can fit into and rotate in and I need to know how much clearance it will take before it rubs. I know this sounds wierd, but if you saw my design idea it would make sense. It's really hard to explain this without photos http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

drivetrainUW-Platt
11-01-2006, 01:35 PM
add some photos or send me a PM, I'm curious now.....The parts are 3 hours from me(I'm on co-op)

Conor
11-02-2006, 07:40 AM
Mike,

I gave up on the design we were aiming for because of time constraints. The dimenion isn't really important anymore. Thanks for showing some effort though, I appreciate it.

drivetrainUW-Platt
11-03-2006, 10:16 AM
still, put some pictures up.

Conor
11-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Send me a PM if you're truly that interested. I'm sure once you see it, you won't be utterly impressed.