PDA

View Full Version : Dial Tach Sources

LSU Dave
01-19-2006, 03:51 PM
We're looking into building an LED tach for comp right now, but does anyone have a good source for 13.5k+ rpm tachs? Is there a bike that has a good donor?

...say 'Car RAMROD'

LSU Dave
01-19-2006, 03:51 PM
We're looking into building an LED tach for comp right now, but does anyone have a good source for 13.5k+ rpm tachs? Is there a bike that has a good donor?

...say 'Car RAMROD'

Draksia
01-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Spa and Stack make very nice tach although they are quite expensive.

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
01-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Try Bike Bandit http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/PartsBandit/ for a stock F4i tach. They are a little on the expensive side, however. Another option is something that I have suggested before but I don't know if anyone has tried. We have a couple of inexpensive tachs on our bench setup for checking out ECUs. They only have numbers up to 8k, however the needle continues to move well past this RPM. If you found a similiar tach, I think that you could simply make a new face for the gage and then have 12k+ range. If you happen to give it a shot, let me know how it works.

KU_Racing
01-20-2006, 10:15 AM
we use an AEM tach good up to 13000 rpm. Its large, easy to read, and can be ordered with a big ass yellow shift light to go with your nitrous and neon.