PDA

View Full Version : Plenum air intake

INTRUDER
12-16-2007, 04:01 PM
hello to all!!!

I have a team of FSAE in Brazil, which the volume of the plenum for a motor Honda 600cc.

thank you

Steve O
12-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Your best bet is to first do some research on this forum for past posts. You will find a little bit about plenum and runner design.

Unfortunately, you are not going to find anything for specific formulas. Start with probably 1/3 your total intake volume and test from there. With different plenum sizes you will see a trade-off with power gain vs throttle response. You will also see a large difference in where your power curve falls and how flat or peaky it is with runner lengths and bellmouth shape.

Good luck.

Steve

Brett Neale
12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Another guide to plenum size is 1.5x the displacement of the engine (900cc for a Honda 600cc). But again, this is just a rule of thumb, and getting a 900cc plenum to package well with 4 runners and velocity stacks/bellmouths could be hard.

BenB
12-31-2007, 09:31 PM
This website is pretty cool. I was looking for, and found, the intake volume for the engine in the car I'm working on (Yamaha R1). It looked like there was a lot of info/specs for the Honda bikes as well. Check it out.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/2008models.htm