PDA

View Full Version : ZF Race Camp

Thrainer
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Starting today and ending on Friday is the ZF Race Camp in Friedrichshafen, an event for ZF sponsored teams to prepare for the European events. I am planning to tweet from there provided that I have w-lan available: https://twitter.com/#!/webetho

I'm looking forward to seeing the new cars and hopefully a lot of them run.

Teams I expect to be there:
Rennteam Stuttgart
AMZ Zurich
Karlsruhe
many more

Regards
Thomas

Thrainer
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Starting today and ending on Friday is the ZF Race Camp in Friedrichshafen, an event for ZF sponsored teams to prepare for the European events. I am planning to tweet from there provided that I have w-lan available: https://twitter.com/#!/webetho

I'm looking forward to seeing the new cars and hopefully a lot of them run.

Teams I expect to be there:
Rennteam Stuttgart
AMZ Zurich
Karlsruhe
many more

Regards
Thomas

Thrainer
06-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Design is done for today. Not many running 2012 cars, except Rennteam and Greenteam Stuttgart and TU Munich. Zurich will attempt the brake trst soon.

Follow my twittet or AMZ racing's list "FSAE" for frequent updates.

Yannick
06-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello Thrainer

What special features did you see on the cars judged until now?

keep us informed on twitter!

TMichaels
06-28-2012, 04:17 PM
I took some pictures, you may find them here:
ZF RaceCamp Picasa Album (https://picasaweb.google.com/105516328773229091928/ZFRaceCamp2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCN2hlKaMkYS8BA&feat=directlink)

Maxlaval
06-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Hey guys any update?

Thrainer
06-30-2012, 11:46 AM
It was a nice pre-season event, but only few cars were driving. Here are some highlights from Design:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Weingarten has a big display in the steering wheel and they calculate the remaining fuel.
<LI> Rennteam Stuttgart has laminated several CFRP seats for the different drivers. The front ARB is adjustable from the steering wheel.
<LI> TU Graz changed to 10" tires and a 510 ccm KTM single. They plan to have an electrically adjustable brake balance.
<LI> Greenteam Stuttgart has a driver-adjustable pedal box, student-built quick release, ABS and aerodynamically shaped sidepods.
<LI> AMZ Zurich has student-built motors (2x 40 kW) and a full aero package.
<LI> Regensburg has two Emrax motors and very small inverters.
<LI> Saarbrücken has student-built mini CAN modules and BMS with one wire digital temperature sensors.
[/list]

I am looking forward to the competition in Silverstone in just two weeks. It will be very early for some teams, but a clash of different concepts for sure.

TMichaels
06-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Only a few 2012 cars were running.

TU Munich Combustion was really fast and reliable.
U Stuttgart Combustion also did many laps, but had problems from time to time, for example with the clutch.
U Stuttgart Electric also did many laps, but a glued insert of a rear a-arm failed during an Endurance simulation.
ETH Zuerich tried to run a few times, but usually had to stop after a third or half lap due to a de-activated HV system. Seemed to me like they had IMD or BMS problems, but Thrainer can probably comment about that.
Diepholz Electric did some laps as well.
TU Graz Combustion did a lot of runs, but also seemed to have reliability problems. Shifting was not working from time to time and I also remember engine starting issues.
Karlsruhe Combustion and Aachen Combustion also did a few runs. Karlsruhe was not using the two cylinder AMG engine, but their 4-cylinder engine of the last year.

I uploaded some more pictures to the Picasa Album mentioned above.