PDA

View Full Version : GT-power model problem

Ahmed_9milli
09-15-2011, 07:36 PM
hey ppl,
I wonder if i could find some one has good experience with GT-power.
i'm simulating an intake system and when i couple GT-power with fluent and after few time steps it gives me a message saying that Temperature above 10,000K during iteration in fluid properties routine Occurs in a: Pipe Subvolume.
i shaked every tree and looked under every rock to find a soultion for this proplem but i failed.
and thanks for ur help in advance.

AUM team-alexandria university-Egypt

Aly
09-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Problem solved el 7amdolelah

Well done man ,,,, Wel masreyeen ahomma

Alan.l
03-30-2013, 05:24 AM
Ahmed, could you please elaborate on what exactly your problem was and how you managed to solve it?

i'm currently also working on integrating between GT-power and fluent.
if you have any advice on the matter, that would be helpful.

is there any good tutorial on how to integrate the two?

thanks

Ahmed_9milli
03-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Hey Alan,
The problem was in the solver, it was diverging like wind and giving me extremely strange temperature values at boundaries between GT-suite and fluent.

Actually i couldn't find any effective solution for this problem.
I even didn't know where the bug was,fluent or GT-suite.

In the end i took the results from GT-suite,imported it as boundary conditions at Cosmos flow and performed a transient flow simulation with B.C at 7000 rpm.
My biggest problem then and now that i can't validate my GT-suite model or Cosmos model thus i can't guarantee the validity of this trick.

About tutorials, i only used tutorials of GT-suite, you can find it at help menu,it's very straight forward.

Sorry if i can't help you but if you got licence you may try to contact technical support.