PDA

View Full Version : Battery

Irving
06-13-2013, 05:00 PM
IC4.4.2 Any wet-cell battery located in the driver compartment must be enclosed in a nonconductive marine-type container or equivalent.
In this rule (IC4.4.2) I dont't understand the term nonconductive marine-type container can you give me an example.

Thanks

Drew Price
06-13-2013, 06:06 PM
It'd be helpful for you to introduce yourself, what university you represent, and where in the world you live to get meaningful responses. It's also polite for a first post.

Batteries in boats are housed in waterproof plastic boxes, so that water spills into the hull or water taken on cannot short the battery terminals, and potentially start a fire, or render the battery inoperative.

It also means the battery acid cannot spill out if the car gets upside-down or something like that and injure your driver, which is why we have to use them.

Almost any of the race supply websites will sell them, as well as marine supply stores and sometimes well equipped auto-parts stores will have, or can order them for you.

Irving
06-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Sorry I apologize, I'm from the Instituto Tecnologico de Chihuahua in México, thanks now I have a clearer idea

Irving
06-13-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm using a lead acid battery, that means I have to use this contaier?

Warpspeed
06-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Irving:
Yes if it is a wet cell lead acid battery with removable tops and liquid electrolyte.

No if it is a fully sealed lead acid gell cell

Epbattery
06-14-2013, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Warpspeed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Irving:
Yes if it is a wet cell lead acid battery with removable tops and liquid electrolyte.

No if it is a fully sealed lead acid gell cell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can Use Gel battery or Lipo battery