PDA

View Full Version : 2007 GSXR 600 wiring issue

Dan Lentsch
09-17-2007, 11:35 AM
So, our team recently got a brand new '07 GSXR 600 to use in our car. The engine is in stellar shape with virtually zero miles. We bought the engine on Ebay and have been trying to start it up to confirm that it works before we start really tearing into the wiring / replace the ECU. Unfortunately we have not been able to get voltage to the ignition coils or the fuel pump / energize the fuel pump relay. Of course this stock wiring setup has more safe guards than most countries nuclear weapons programs, but I think we have them all covered.. (Tip Over sensor, Gear Position Sensor, Front brake sensor, Sidestand switch, clutch sensor, run switch, ignition switch, 12.8 v minimum) I am pretty sure that our wiring harness does not have the immobi circuit that some other bikes do. (there are plugs in the wiring harness at the ECU where the immobi relay should go, and there is no O2 sensor which I think is only on immobi equipped bikes) If anyone has any ideas on why we cannot get spark or fuel that would be great. all of the other circuits work just fine, so we are probably just missing some little detail. and yes all the fuses are good.

thanks!
-Dan

Dan Lentsch
09-17-2007, 11:35 AM
So, our team recently got a brand new '07 GSXR 600 to use in our car. The engine is in stellar shape with virtually zero miles. We bought the engine on Ebay and have been trying to start it up to confirm that it works before we start really tearing into the wiring / replace the ECU. Unfortunately we have not been able to get voltage to the ignition coils or the fuel pump / energize the fuel pump relay. Of course this stock wiring setup has more safe guards than most countries nuclear weapons programs, but I think we have them all covered.. (Tip Over sensor, Gear Position Sensor, Front brake sensor, Sidestand switch, clutch sensor, run switch, ignition switch, 12.8 v minimum) I am pretty sure that our wiring harness does not have the immobi circuit that some other bikes do. (there are plugs in the wiring harness at the ECU where the immobi relay should go, and there is no O2 sensor which I think is only on immobi equipped bikes) If anyone has any ideas on why we cannot get spark or fuel that would be great. all of the other circuits work just fine, so we are probably just missing some little detail. and yes all the fuses are good.

thanks!
-Dan

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
09-18-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi Dan. Can you simply put 12v on the pump and coils? The pump won't care how it is powered and the ignition is an inductive type with a "switch to ground" configuration. Power on one side of the coils is what the ECU is expecting.

Dan Lentsch
09-18-2007, 06:14 AM
We could definitely do that with the fuel pump, and I don't see why not with the ignition coils (I'm not 100% familiar with ignition coil operation, so I'll take a look at that) We were just trying to get the electronics to power up like normal as if it were still on the bike. I was just hoping that we wouldn't have to supply power to any of the components individually. Thanks for the ideas though!

Mike Sadie
09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
what are you trying to use to start the engine? On some newer bikes you must use the OE type starter relay.
For a side project I was installing a zx-14 motor in a car with slightly modified harness. We tried using a typical solenoid type starter switch and the ECU would not send the ignition signal. We were using a manual switched fuel pump so I dont know if that would have been an issue as well.

Dan Lentsch
09-19-2007, 05:40 AM
We are using the OE everything, including the starter relay. That is odd that by using a different starter it would not allow you to run.. I know that in our harness the start button ties right into the run switch..