PDA

View Full Version : wheel hub

neo_varun
11-24-2007, 06:41 AM
hi ppl,
i'm making "al" hub wid 2parallel mounting surfaces..so joining the 2 mounting surfaces wid a press fit n den bolting it frm 2 sides be a good opt..?
is der ny oder way to join as weld on "aluminium" is not poss.

McMasteRacer
11-24-2007, 09:18 AM
why is welding not an option?

PatClarke
11-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Quote neo-varun......."ny oder way out.."?

Well, speaking English might be a start. I have been reliably told it helps with communication.

I appreciate that English might not be your mother tongue, but I bet 'trash talk' isn't either.

Pat

DJHache
11-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Seriously dude, it's like reading a telegraph message from the 1850's

Christopher Catto
11-28-2007, 01:30 PM
ROFLMAO!

Dave, maybe the fsae members should get themselves a cheap Enigma decoder from ebay. maybe the UK ministry of defence has one hidden behind one of their desks...
ps, cheers for the manual!

in answer to the "yo, er, me makin a karr wiv 4 wheels and yo, how many uprights should it have?"

1) your threaded studs for the wheel nuts (the other post, duh!) can be as small as 6-8mm dia provided you have other studs to take the shear force from the wheels (grip on the tyre contact patch). see any Ferrari 430 or Porsche. the wheels have about 10 of these holes for studs that purely take shear.
However, I just used 4 studs to hold the wheels and they were good ol fashioned 3/8inch. (9.525mm) at a pcd of approx 95 to 100.

2)as for hubs, either frabricate and post machine some or go through the pain of making solid aluminium ones but your design needs to be quite good to keep them light. I have drawings but now I use them as scrap paper to write poetry.

The AFX Master
11-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Dude...(neo whatever)

Can you be kind and... write your english.. SERIOUSLY?, what do you think?, that the forum is filled with morons that speak your pseudo code?.
Sorry for the rant, but 3 topics full of "yoyoyo" BS are too much for my patience