PDA

View Full Version : First-timer clutch design

Bri
12-02-2004, 07:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some advice. We have an F4i engine and were thinking of running a solid shaft from the shifter down the left side and then using a scissor shaft up to the hand clutch. We want to have a forward push upshift and a normal clutch lever on the finger side of the shifter...this is my first time really going at it, does it sound like we are on the right track with this. I've also read a lot about using a butterfly shift configuration, but I'm not really sure that I understand how its supposed to lokk/work.
Thanks
Bri
"FLY NAVY '05"

Bri
12-02-2004, 07:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some advice. We have an F4i engine and were thinking of running a solid shaft from the shifter down the left side and then using a scissor shaft up to the hand clutch. We want to have a forward push upshift and a normal clutch lever on the finger side of the shifter...this is my first time really going at it, does it sound like we are on the right track with this. I've also read a lot about using a butterfly shift configuration, but I'm not really sure that I understand how its supposed to lokk/work.
Thanks
Bri
"FLY NAVY '05"

EgyptianMagician
12-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Check some of the other post on the front page ... there are ( at last count ) two of 'em ... no need to start a more, and most of your q's are probably already answered. If not, just post at the end of the thread. (just to keep everything organized more or less)

cheers,

Bri
12-02-2004, 08:05 AM
I did check, them, but still don't really understand what the butterfly clutch assembly should look like.

We are trying to run just a very simple mechanical design...we didn't build a car last year and the info passed to us was pretty shabby so we are pretty much starting from scratch.