PDA

View Full Version : CBR600rr Cam Profiles

Malcolm Thomson
11-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I'm from the Heriot Watt FSAE team in Edinburgh, Scotland. This is our first year of competition and were going for Class 1 with a CBR600rr engine. Forgive me if I ask anything obvious or un-needed, Im a noob to this!

Does anyone have a file stating valve lift/degree rotation for the standard cams on a 2005CBR600rr? Im having trouble finding this information online.The info at aperaceparts.com is coming in useful but following Gordon Blair's text, I need the above information to accurately simulate the engine performance.

Can anyone say if this is necessary or are there any assumptions to be made that would make cam profiling easier and still accurate enough for this purpose?

Cheers

Malcolm

Malcolm Thomson
11-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I'm from the Heriot Watt FSAE team in Edinburgh, Scotland. This is our first year of competition and were going for Class 1 with a CBR600rr engine. Forgive me if I ask anything obvious or un-needed, Im a noob to this!

Does anyone have a file stating valve lift/degree rotation for the standard cams on a 2005CBR600rr? Im having trouble finding this information online.The info at aperaceparts.com is coming in useful but following Gordon Blair's text, I need the above information to accurately simulate the engine performance.

Can anyone say if this is necessary or are there any assumptions to be made that would make cam profiling easier and still accurate enough for this purpose?

Cheers

Malcolm

Tech Guy
11-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Measure it. All you need is a degree wheel and a dial indicator!

Malcolm Thomson
11-14-2009, 05:31 AM
Took off the cam cover and measured it yesterday, my plot looks pretty reasonable too. I measured every 10deg rotation of the crank, think that should be accurate enough.